16 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2016 8:48 AM by Sue Garibaldi

Android Phone/Tablet Support

ColdForest Level 1

Hi,

I'm still seeing a lot a questions on the forum regarding lack of support for Android Capture (Dec 4/2015 version) on many Android devices. I also fall into this category; both of the devices I've recently tried are not supported. Both are older devices but both support Android 4.4+: Samsung Galaxy S2 (phone) and Samsung Galaxy Tab TM320 (tablet - released Jan/2014). I've been waiting for Android Capture ever since seeing the Applet version (and the earlier Shape, Color, et al apps), including since watching demonstrations by JKost at Photoshop World. Finally this app is available on Android, but unfortunately support seems to be quite limited. Moreover, there seems to be no *list* of supported devices. Other than buying one of the latest Samsung flagship phones there seems to be no ability to determine a priori whether a particular phone/tablet is actually supported - unless one actually tries installing the app from the Play store directly on the device in question.

Where can I find a full and complete list of supported Android devices for the latest version of Adobe Capture CC?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Android Phone/Tablet Support
          Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi ColdForest,

Capture is not yet supported on Android tablets and although Capture is supported on Samsung devices, I believe the problem with your Samsung phone is that the device is older (an engineer is checking on this for me).

Unfortunately we don't have a list of devices anywhere; because there are so many, I also have to check every time someone asks a question about one I'm not familiar with.

I know this response isn't super helpful but we are focusing on having Android tablet support in mid-2016.

Sue.

• 2. Re: Android Phone/Tablet Support
            ColdForest Level 1

Hi Sue, thanks for responding.

Forgive my (mild) cynicism but I find it hard to believe that there isn't a list somewhere that includes which devices are supported. Or at least the inverse of this list: i.e., a description/heuristic for when/why a device is *not* supported (e.g., Android version older than v4.4, screen/display size out of spec, or whatever). It seems very inefficient/archaic to have users have to ask explicitly whether a particular device is supported or not.

For now, could you please add the following devices to the devices you're checking on regarding Capture support: Oneplus X, Moto X Play, and Galaxy Note 5? I wouldn't want to have to actually buy one of these and then find out Capture is not supported.

Thanks.

• 3. Re: Android Phone/Tablet Support

ColdForest.

The problem is that the list keeps changing.

I will check on these devices for you.

Sue.

• 4. Re: Android Phone/Tablet Support

Hi ColdForest.

My apologies for taking so long to get back to you. Sound like Samsung's Galaxy Note 5 is your best bet. The other devices you listed couldn't be confirmed immediately because we don't have the devices on hand to test and they're not on our ever-changing list. The Galaxy Note 5 is listed.

Hope that helps.

Sue.

• 5. Re: Android Phone/Tablet Support
                  ColdForest Level 1

Hi Sue, no problem. So what's left to do to determine whether these other two phones are supported? Would it be enough if I wandered to my local mobile phone kiosk/store and used one of these phones to check the Play Store for Adobe Capture CC? I can tell this at least gives me a "no go" on my old Samsung S2 - maybe this is our only recourse if Adobe can't determine this internally (odd)?

• 6. Re: Android Phone/Tablet Support

HI ColdForest.

Believe me, I know how strange it sounds. It is difficult with Android devices simply because there are SO many of them; it's almost impossible to have them all on-hand to test.

Sue.

• 7. Re: Android Phone/Tablet Support
                      ColdForest Level 1

Hi Sue,

The only thing I would say here is that it seems like the Play Store already knows whether a particular device is supported or not. One doesn't need to actually try *running* Capture to determine this. This leads me to believe that there must be some *list* or, otherwise, some set of criteria that the Play Store uses to determine whether the app is supported. It's this list (or heuristic) that I think would be helpful for everyone to see (I see lots of queries about whether a particular device is supported). Do see what I mean?

Thx.

• 8. Re: Android Phone/Tablet Support

ColdForest,

The problem is that sometimes the PlayStore says devices aren't supported and they should be.

You know, I agree with you. There should be a list. It would certainly make things much more clear for everyone. I'm going to work on getting one (then I'll probably have to update it daily).

Thanks for all your input.

Sue.

• 9. Re: Android Phone/Tablet Support
                          ColdForest Level 1

The problem is that sometimes the PlayStore says devices aren't supported and they should be.

Hmm, OK. So if I check these phones and the PlayStore says they aren't supported should I check back here to check again whether someone can track this down?

You know, I agree with you. There should be a list. It would certainly make things much more clear for everyone. I'm going to work on getting one (then I'll probably have to update it daily).

I know a lot of community members will undoubtedly be very happy if you manage to do this!

• 10. Re: Android Phone/Tablet Support

ColdForest.

I'll do it. I love having happy community members. Yes. If you come across a device you really want, and PlayStore says "no," check with us.

Thanks again for all your posts. I really appreciate your time.

Sue.

• 11. Re: Android Phone/Tablet Support
                              balkovsky Level 1

Hello Sue,

I got from my ISP provider tablet HUAWEI MediaPad 10 Link+  (Android 4,42)

It is supported Capture? Google Play write me..NO

Radek

• 12. Re: Android Phone/Tablet Support

Hi Radek,

It's because Capture CC (and Adobe Draw) is not yet supported on Android tablets.

Sue.

• 13. Re: Android Phone/Tablet Support
                                  balkovsky Level 1

Hi, will it ever supported ? When?

Radek

• 14. Re: Android Phone/Tablet Support
                                    Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Post #1 in this thread:

"we are focusing on having Android tablet support in mid-2016."

• 15. Re: Android Phone/Tablet Support
                                      balkovsky Level 1

Hello, Im waiting

RB

• 16. Re: Android Phone/Tablet Support

Hi Balkovsky,

I don't know which Android tablet you're using (it looked like it was an Huawei device), but Draw for Android is currently only supported on some/most Samsung, Nexus, and Nvidia devices (although I know that people have also successfully installed it, and use it, on other tablets).

Hope that helps a bit.

Sue.