3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2015 2:08 PM by Todd_Kopriva

Can't launch After Effects... HELP!

jeffreyr75384356

The loading icon just spins then goes away. Occasionally I'll get error code 0xc0000142. Doesn't matter if I attempt to launch through cloud app or from created desktop icon. I purchased a month to month subscription, and have installed/uninstalled, updated, signed in/out, and restarted my PC multiple times... no help.

I'm running WIndows 8.1 Pro (updated from 7) with a 2.8ghz AMD Phenom II processor, 6gb of Ram, and have 800+ gb of available hard drive space. My display resolution is set to 1920 x 1080 (my setup's recommended value), I tried to set it to the 1280x1080 suggested but I don't have that exact option. 

I did notice in my random searching that, an (can't remember which one exactly) application associated with Adobe Cloud OR After Effects was listed as 32 bit launcher. I can't find it now that I'm looking for it again, but wondering if I'm running 64 bit, if that could be my problem?

ALSO, I can launch the free trial of Adobe Photoshop through cloud without any issues. (just did it again to verify and got a notice that Photoshop has detected less than the desired amount of vRam, and that I should update my drivers, but clicking continue allows me to run the program just fine.) I don't know how to go about updating my drivers to increase the amount of vRam as the notice suggested.