0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2015 11:41 AM by lukebl18

I need a new computer due to premier crashing, I'm could use some advice.

lukebl18

I am running Premier 2015, Photoshop etc. I am currently editing on an early 2011 macbook pro, 2.7GHz i7 processor, 16gb Ram, 180gb internal SSD, 512gb graphics card. I usually edit off of a 2tb external hhd over usb 2.0 (yes I know).

I keep experiencing insane beachball madness whenever I use certain timeline tools in premier, or when exporting. After a few conversations with Adobe support, they realized that the small graphics card is the biggest issue. Since it's not possible to swap out the graphics card on a macbook pro, it appears that I need a new machine. I really want something that will render faster, and stall much less.

I'm looking at the Late 2015 21.5" iMac. Here are the specs: 3.3 GHz i7 quad core, 256gb flash storage, 16gb Ram.  On the wedsite under graphics it says: "Integrated Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200".

I'm wondering if this will be the most cost efficient setup for increasing speed, reliability, and ensuring that I wont need to upgrade in the next 4-5 years. What do you all think about the graphics card? Are things like the fact that it's quad core 3.3 GHz more or less important than a good graphics card, more Ram etc?

I've also looked at the mid 2015 15.4" macbook pro with a 2.8 GHz i7 processor, 256gb ssd, 16gb Ram, And Then theres a choice between "Intel Iris Pro Graphics" and "AMD Radeon r9 M370x". The second graphics option seems to be out of my price range.

So to wrap things up, I would appreciate any thoughts on the importance of some of these specs over others. I really don't want to find out in two years that premier is crashing because of some piece of hardware that cannot be swapped out. If anyone has some thoughts on graphics cards I would love to learn a little more.

--One more thing, CPU seems to find it's way into the dialogue boxes after several crashes. How does this play into these systems? What should I look for to increase CPU?

Thank you for your help!