Sorry for the issues with issues with Lightroom.
- Yes indeed there were a lot of problems with Lightroom 6.2 but then we came out with Lightroom 6.3 which has fixed some issues with the previous version.
- So the first thing i would suggest you to do is to update to LR 6.3
- What is the back up location?
- You have your images on a external drive right?
- What is the folder structure in there?
- For the issues with Navigator showing anything else and Library module showing a different preview go to location of your Catalog and move the LR previews folder on desktop(Make sure your LR is not running).
- Launch LR again and then check if it displays correct image now.
Thanks for your response - some comments and a question about the your comment "...go to location of your Catalog and move the LR previews folder..."
OK - I'll consider 6.3
I use Carbon Copy Cloner for back-ups and I back-up to 3TB and 6TB external hard drives. I have current backups here at home and slightly older ones in a safe deposit box at a bank
(I also use Time Machine)
The LR back-up that happens when closing LR is in
I have all of my 2015 images and 1/2 of my 2014 images on an internal 1TB SSD inside
I have older images on an external drive attached with FireWire under
LR Arch A/2011
LR Arch A/2012
and so on
LR Previews folder??? I am not sure what you mean.
pictures/lightroom/Lightroom Catalog Previews.lrdata
but this is a file, not a folder
How do I exit LR in it's current state? I can try to stop the process with Activity Monitor, but if that does not work I think power cycling the MacBook is the last resort
- Yes exactly this file, Lightroom Catalog Previews.lrdata move it on desktop but only after you shut down LR either from activity monitor or by Shutting down the computer.
- The back up that LR makes is the back up of the catalog with your most recent work.
I got through the bulk of my troubles with this. The catalog backup process is working well now and the response while I am cruising around my library spread across my internal 1TB SSD and my external (by FireWire) 6TB disk is reasonably responsive - back to normal.
I have another issue that I will post as a separate thread.