1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 6, 2015 7:01 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere 10

mariac53549059

I don't have a lot of money. I bought Premiere 10 back in 10 when I purchased my computer. Its been good. I know do some videos from a Sony AS100v. Somedays I can edit a video and audio with no probs. Other days when I transfer the video from the project to the timeline the audio wont tranfer. Sometimes it will say the settings are not set for this format and will ask if I want to automatically change it so it can work on it, sometimes it won't. Nothing with it is consistent, besides consistently doesn't work. Today one time I had audio on some clips on the time line. Went back after I edited some other parts and bam! the audio is gone.  Someone please help with this.

• 1. Re: Premiere 10
          A.T. Romano Level 7

mariac

Premiere Elements 10 on what computer operating system - Windows or Mac - 32 bit computer or 64 bit computer? What video card/graphics card does your computer use? If NVIDIA GeForce, please stop and let us know.

Please tell us what you are recording with the Sony S100v - it looks like it could be

1920 x 1080

1280 x 729 and other with a variety of frame rates

The video compression could be AVCHD (MPEG4-AVC/H.264) or XAVC-S. The audio compression seems to be AAC Stereo (2 channel).

Not sure what the file extension is.

This is high resource demanding format. What is a description of your computer resources, and how large are your typical Premiere Elements 10 projects?

A lot of factors could enter into the unstable results that you describe. The project settings are supposed to match the properties of what you are bringing to the Timeline. What are you setting in the new project dialog when the new project opens? If you are doing nothing but clicking OK, then you do not have the correct settings since the default for Premiere Elements 10 is NTSC DV Standard 4:3 or PAL DV Standard 4:3 depending on your install setup. And, you are working with 16:9 high definition footage.

Answers to all of the above will put us on a troubleshooting path to find the answers and/or resolve the problems.

Any questions or need clarification on any of the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR