3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2015 12:16 PM by Frank Hodgson

Creative Cloud, conflict, Microsoft Office 2016

Frank Hodgson

Has any one experienced problems running Microsoft Office 2016 alongside Creative Cloud?  Through an internal situation we had to upgrade our MAC to El Capitan. Office 2016 sits along side Adobe Creative suite. We keep losing the CC Desktop app. Adobe support help us fix the problem last week. We've reverted to Office 2011. I know there are other issues with Office 2016. Have Adobe been able to recognise if its a Microsoft issue or does CC need a fix as well?

• 1. Re: Creative Cloud, conflict, Microsoft Office 2016
          Atul_Saini Adobe Employee

Thanks for bringing this up kindly provide some more information around it so that we can investigate about the same.

• 2. Re: Creative Cloud, conflict, Microsoft Office 2016
            Frank Hodgson Level 1

On the 1st Dec Adobe Support helped me resolve the issue of CC Desktop App being faulty and not displaying. I was also having problems within InDesign, some fo the palettes were not displaying and functioning properly (i.e. I couldn't move items between layers in the 'Layers' palette).  Refer to Adobe Support Case 0217196972.

After Adobe Support helped, the system has been relatively stable. I have been trying to eliminate what the conflict was.

The scenario;  because of an internal need, we have had to start using this MAC to occasionally to run Remote Desktop to access the company's MIS server running Microsoft Server 2012. That function appears to be working OK, we are wondering whether switching between systems is possibly causing the conflict?

To get to the MAC access Server 2012 we had to update Remote Desktop software. At the time we were running the MAC on the OS 10.9 Mavericks and have jumped through to El Capitan 10.11.1 to get the Remote Desktop to work.

At the same time we downloaded and updated our Microsoft Office 2011 to the beta version of Microsoft Office 2016. We quickly found out that wasn't going to work and have been able to step back to using the old Office 2011 with the latest updates from Microsoft (we still have the 2016 beta version apps on the Hard Drive though).

However since then, although the system has been workable there is something bugging going on still which is affecting our use of Creative Cloud.

We were able to reload all the CC apps we use after Support's help on the 1st Dec and have done normal days work for a few days.

Unfortunately today again we have lost the Desktop App. Accessing this morning the 'Sign In' window display instead of being automatically linked to our account. Then once trying to sign in the App window goes blank. I have been able to use InDesign.

We use Suitcase Fusion 6 for font handling.

I'm assuming the problem is a conflict with Microsoft Office, yet since reverting to 2011 version this may not be so. The fact that we made changes and jumped to El Capitan and are using Remote Access to go the Microsoft Server are changes that we have done at the same time. Any clues where the problem could be?

Are you able to send me the dialogue chain from Case 0217196972 so we can  delete the necessary and reload the CC apps. Or alternatively point me the correct place to get this information. Thanks

• 3. Re: Creative Cloud, conflict, Microsoft Office 2016
              Frank Hodgson Level 1

On the 1st Dec Adobe Support helped me resolve the issue of CC Desktop App being faulty and not displaying. I was also having problems within InDesign, some fo the palettes were not displaying and functioning properly (i.e. I couldn’t move items between layers in the ‘Layers’ palette).  Refer to Adobe Support Case 0217196972.

After Adobe Support helped, the system has been relatively stable. I have been trying to eliminate what the conflict was.

The scenario;  because of an internal need, we have had to start using this MAC to occasionally to run Remote Desktop to access the company’s MIS server running Microsoft Server 2012. That function appears to be working OK, we are wondering whether switching between systems is possibly causing the conflict?

To get to the MAC access Server 2012 we had to update Remote Desktop software. At the time we were running the MAC on the OS 10.9 Mavericks and have jumped through to El Capitan 10.11.1 to get the Remote Desktop to work.

At the same time we downloaded and updated our Microsoft Office 2011 to the beta version of Microsoft Office 2016. We quickly found out that wasn’t going to work and have been able to step back to using the old Office 2011 with the latest updates from Microsoft (we still have the 2016 beta version apps on the Hard Drive though).

However since then, although the system has been workable there is something bugging going on still which is affecting our use of Creative Cloud.

We were able to reload all the CC apps we use after Support’s help on the 1st Dec and have done normal days work for a few days.

Unfortunately today again we have lost the Desktop App. Accessing this morning the 'Sign In’ window display instead of being automatically linked to our account. Then once trying to sign in the App window goes blank. I have been able to use InDesign.

We use Suitcase Fusion 6 for font handling.

I’m assuming the problem is a conflict with Microsoft Office, yet since reverting to 2011 version this may not be so. The fact that we made changes and jumped to El Capitan and are using Remote Access to go the Microsoft Server are changes that we have done at the same time. Any clues where the problem could be?

Are you able to send me the dialogue chain from Case 0217196972 so we can  delete the necessary and reload the CC apps. Or alternatively point me the correct place to get this information. Thanks