6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2015 11:16 PM by MackK

LR Import Module Not Detecting Photos

MackK

Hi All,

For some reason, as I was working in Lightroom CC 2015.3 today, the Import function stopped being able to see any photos on my Mac or on any external drives. I had just imported three photos from my camera's SD card. After the import completed and the program had returned to the main Library module screen, I clicked on import to pull a few more photos and then clicked on the SD card folder from which I had just imported. There are over 100 other photos on the card but none of them appeared onscreen. I then tried highlighting various photo folders on my HDD and external HDDs. Lightroom could no longer see photos in any of them. I closed and restarted LR. It didn't fix the problem. I rebooted the Mac and restarted LR. It didn't fix it. I uninstalled LR, reinstalled it, restarted the computer... import is still not seeing any photos.

I'm currently using a 27-inch, late 2013 iMac with 16 GB of RAM and a 2 GB video card. I've been using LR for years, and I've never had this problem until today.  Any ideas on how to fix this odd problem will be greatly appreciated.

MackK