4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2016 4:40 PM by garbiedoll

Adobe Ink and Slide Pairing

erikg94401582

I have the ink and slide but do not see the pen icon to pair on my iPad pro. I see it no problem on the iPad Air but there is no icon on the Pro. Is there another way to pair it ?

• 1. Re: Adobe Ink and Slide Pairing
          Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Erik,

The reason there is no pen icon is because, right now, the only stylus supported in the iPad Pro versions of Adobe Sketch and Adobe Draw is Apple Pencil. Third-party styluses will still work on older/other iPads.

Sue.

• 2. Re: Adobe Ink and Slide Pairing
            erikg94401582 Level 1

Will the Adobe ink and slide ever work?

Erik Gordon

• 3. Re: Adobe Ink and Slide Pairing
              Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Erik,

I don't know what the future plan is for any third-party stylus (including Ink & Slide); I only know what I've heard internally and that is: Given the superior performance of Apple Pencil on iPad Pro (nothing else even comes close) third-party stylus support was just not included in this release.

That said,  I will most definitely pass your comments on to the team because it's not been determined that we won't be supporting third-party styluses.

Sue.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Adobe Ink and Slide Pairing
                garbiedoll

I just bought the Ipad Pro and ordered the Adobe Ink and Slide from the USA to use together ! And now I find out after hours of searching and trying to use the stylus that Adobe ONLY supports APPLE pencil and not its own devices? How is Adobe Ink and Slide a 3rd party stylus from Adobe's point of view ?  I will now have to send back the pen and hopefully get a refund now that it is useless on the new Mac Ipad Pro.  Great . Good job Adobe. Maybe you should let retailers and the public in general know about this incompatibility before they buy it.

Gabrielle