6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2015 8:19 AM by Per Berntsen

Why are my files not exporting correctly?? :( I'm exporting 1000 pixels wide at 72 dpi but the images view "actual size" at about 500 pixels wide. Totally stumped!

DrewsCrows

I have used LR and PS for years. This has been a new issue for the past month or so since updating my macbook pro. (I am using the latest version of both via adobe cloud)

I export for the web at 1000 pixels wide (no specified height) and 72 dpi. When opening the exported file in Photoshop, it shows up smaller at 100% view. Something like half the size. If I zoom in one stop, it is obviously blurry.

If I open the LR exported file in safari or in my finder, it shows up looking the right SIZE (1000 pixels wide) but looks like it's being viewed at 200% as far as blurriness. The watermark on the images is the obvious indicator as it is blurry around the edges. I've been having to export at 1700 pixels just to get the images to look right, but then the files are loading slower on my blog (bc obviously they are larger images).

Totally stumped. Here are some screen shots.

This is how the exported file is opening in photoshop. This is saying it's showing at 100%, but it's half the size it should be.

Screen Shot 2015-12-07 at 8.50.45 AM.png

Here is how an image opens in safari or in my finder. It may be hard to see, but the image and watermark are blurry, while the size is right at 1000 pixels in width:

Screen Shot 2015-12-07 at 9.06.42 AM.png

And here is a screenshot of my export settings in Lightroom.

Screen Shot 2015-12-07 at 9.12.25 AM.png