I just tested publishing to Flickr with the default LR 6.3 plugin on OS X 10.10.5, and synonyms got correctly published. So I think there is something particular about your situation, either a more particular bug or something in your configuration.
As a first step, let's double-check all the various settings:
1. Pick a leaf keyword (one with no child keywords) with synonyms that's assigned to a published photo. In the Keyword List panel on the right, double-click the keyword. Verify that the options Include On Export and Export Synonyms are checked.
2. In the Publish Services panel on the left, double-click on Flickr to open its settings. Under Metadata, make sure Include: All Metadata is chosen, and if the keyword is a person keyword created by face tagging, that the Remove Person Info is unchecked.
Hello and Thanks!
My leaf keyword has ticked :
Inlcude on Export
Export Containing Keywords
My metadata setting in flickr plugin publish is as you state
And I never use Person keyword option
Still it doesnt work
As a next step, I suggest selecting a sample pic and doing Metadata > Save Metadata To File, uploading that sample pic to Dropbox (or similar) and posting the sharing link here. Also, do Metadata > Export Keywords, upload the exported Lightroom Keywords.txt file to Dropbox (or similar) and post the sharing link here. With the sample pic and your keyword hierarchy, I can see if I can reproduce the problem or narrow it down to see if it's a bug or something else.
I have dropboxed one jpeg file and the metadata exported text file:
- Both have all the synonyms ; as soon as I leave plugin alone it works...
I forgot that when you save metadata to a file, synonyms get saved into the metadata as top-level keywords. So I couldn't do a test by publishing the sample photo directly. But here's what I did do: I created a new empty catalog, set up the Flickr publish service, deleted all the keywords from the keyword list and the photo, then imported the keywords.txt file. Then I assigned the photo the keyword "Back street", which has two synonyms, "Alley" and "Pathway". I published the photo Flickr, and the Flickr page for that photo shows three uploaded keywords, "Back street", "Alley", and "Pathway":
I only have a couple of ideas at this point:
1. Do Help > System Info and verify you really are running LR 6.3. The Adobe updater often fools people into thinking they've successfully updated. LR 6.2 and 6.2.1 had a significant bug in the Flickr plugin's handling of keywords, which was fixed in 6.3. That bug concerned the handling of spaces in keywords, not synonyms. But if 6.2 broke one aspect of keyword handling, perhaps it broke synonyms too.
2. Do the experiment I did: Create a fresh catalog, import one photo that has no keywords, import your keywords.txt file, assign the photo "Back street", and publish to Flickr. That could narrow down the problem to your LR configuration or to a specific catalog.
One thing please remove the photo after. It is already published on Flickr and with my copyright. Many Thanks.
It was lightroom 6 from download. U updated it via internet to 6.3. I can verify that it is 6.3 in System Info.
I thank you for your help. I am not sure what it can be but I think for now I will export photos manually.
I deleted my copy of the photo and keywords.txt file. If you try the step 2 I suggested and you find out the problem is just confined to your current catalog, then it could be possible to fix the issue without losing your catalog contents.
From my tests, keyword's synonyms are exported at first publishing only. When you add or update a synonym, change is not exported. Therefore, if all is right at first publishing you can export with LR standard plug in.
When you add or update a synonym, change is not exported.
I see the same behavior with my LR CC 2015.3 / OS X 10.10.5 using the built-in Flickr plugin. Interestingly, the behavior with the Friedl Flickr plugin is different: When I add a synonym to a keyword on an already published photo, mark the photo to republish, then publish it, the synonym doesn't show up on Flickr.com (just as with the built-in plugin). But if I then mark the photo to replublish and publish a second time, the synonym makes it through to Flickr.com.
This flakiness suggests a problem with the Flickr service, not with the plugins. But you could post a bug report on the official Adobe feedback forum: Recently active topics in Photoshop Family about Photoshop Lightroom
Hello, I have the same problem. I have to use LR 2015.1.1 because this is the last version where the synonym export to flickr works well. It's frustrating to pay month by month a fee but it's impossible to use the latest version of Lightroom because of this bug.