2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2015 5:16 AM by lanep89698555

Stopping Text Flow Once Multiple Page Document is created

lanep89698555

I'm building a 300 Plus page catalog and when setting it all up, I created Masters with text boxes that flow from page to page. It was very handy in the beginning, when I would realize I needed to add something to page 30 and I was on page 150.  But now that I'm basically done, and I'm just editing - if I add line to page 30 - all of my headings and text from there on bumps out if I don't remember to delete a line to compensate for it.  I've tried turning off text flow, but instead of leaving things on the page I have them, it wants to overset all of the text from there out and I wind up with a loaded cursor wanting me to tell it where to drop all of this text.

Is there way to fix this now that I'm at the end of the project without redoing it all?   

• 1. Re: Stopping Text Flow Once Multiple Page Document is created
          TᴀW Adobe Community Professional & MVP

One of the scripts that comes pre-installed with InDesign is called "SplitStory.jsx".

It sounds like all your text frames are threaded one to the other throughout your 300 page catalog. If that is the case, and you want to break the thread between all these text frames, select one of them and run the SplitStory script.

Once you've done that, you should find that your layout is maintained if you add lines. Instead, if you add too many lines to fit a frame, it will become overset, but won't push lines in the next frame down.

I would recommend saving a backup of your document in it's current state before running the script, just in case afterwards you find that it's actually not so convenient that all the text frames are separated!

• 2. Re: Stopping Text Flow Once Multiple Page Document is created
            lanep89698555 Level 1

That worked perfectly!   Thank you.