4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2015 6:14 PM by djeasyb2006

EXPORTING WITH ADOBE PREMIERE ELEMENTS 12

djeasyb2006

Hello, I am using Adobe Premiere Elements 12.  I have been having issues with the export covering the entire screen after export.  I have been using these settings:

H.264

AVCHD

MP4   1920 x 1080p

NTSC

25 fps

Widescreen 16:9

After exporting there is black space on both sides of the film.   Are there other settings that I am missing in preferences that's causing this to happen that I don't have

knowledge of?

Please Help... Thanks

• 1. Re: EXPORTING WITH ADOBE PREMIERE ELEMENTS 12
          A.T. Romano Level 7

djeasyb

What are the properties of what you are importing to the project's Timeline, and what project preset have you (manually) or the project (automatically) set as the project preset.

If you do not know the video properties, please tell us the brand/model/setting of the camera that recorded the video. That usually gives us that video properties information for troubleshooting purposes.

Please tell us what the readings are for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio (even if the fields look grayed out) under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General. That will tell us what project settings were set.

Let us start here and use the above information to plan troubleshooting strategy.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: EXPORTING WITH ADOBE PREMIERE ELEMENTS 12
            djeasyb2006 Level 1

Thanks for your reply.   I look at the project settings it says:

DSLR

25 FRS.

1920 1080

Pixel Aspect Ratio: (1.0)

Title safe area: 20%horizontal  20%vertical

Action safe area  10%  10%vertical

PRESET:

MPEG2

1620 x 1080

25 frs

NTSC

Audio: MPEG, 384 kbps, 48khz, 16 bit. stereo

file size: 372.74mb

• 3. Re: EXPORTING WITH ADOBE PREMIERE ELEMENTS 12
              A.T. Romano Level 7

djeasyb

Thanks for the follow up.

Could you find out what the details are for what you are putting on the Timeline for export.

Is it 1920 x 1080p25 or something else.

There are several problem with your details. We need to sort through the details.

NTSC characteristically uses a frame rate of 29.97/30 or 59.94 frames per second.

It is PAL that characteristically uses a frame rate of 25 or 50 frames per second.

So it is not understood how 25 fps and NTSC got into that one description.

MPEG2

1620 x 1080

25 frs

NTSC

Audio: MPEG, 384 kbps, 48khz, 16 bit. stereo

file size: 372.74mb

Important: the first step is to find out what you are putting on the Timeline for export - is it 1920 x 1080p25 or something else. And is the "1620 x 1080" a misprint. Did you mean to type "1920 x 1080"?

If your project preset that you gave (that DSLR setting) is correct and you want to export your Timeline content as MPEG2, then

Publish+Share

Computer

MPEG

with Presets = HDTV 1080p25 High Quality.

But, all starts with a description of what you are putting on the Timeline for export.

Please consider. Any questions or need clarification on any of the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

ATR

• 4. Re: EXPORTING WITH ADOBE PREMIERE ELEMENTS 12
                djeasyb2006 Level 1

Thank you... I will do some test exports and contact you tomorrow.

Thanks