7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2016 3:25 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere 10 and windows 10

ludo1703

Hi,

I have Premiere Elements 10. Last week, I have upgraded my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

When I open an existing project, the audio works but not the video (it won't show up). It worked perfectly well before I migrated to Windows 10.

Is Premiere Elements 10 compatible with Windows 10? What should I do to see the image/ video?

Thank you

Ludo1703

• 1. Re: Premiere 10 and windows 10
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Ludo1703

Premiere Elements 10 is compatible with Windows 10 64 bit. I have been there and done that. But, there are certain factors to assure that Premiere Elements 10 will work in any computer operating system for the problem that you are describing.

What is the video card/graphics card that your computer uses? If NVIDIA GeForce, then stop. That is with 99.999999% certainty the cause of your problems. In that scenario, it is likely that your driver version got updated. And, the specific Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce fix is roll back of the driver version to May 2013.

What version of QuickTime 7 do you have installed on Windows 10 64 bit - 7.7.6? If not, please install QuickTime 7.7.6 on Windows 10 64 bit. Please use the following link QuickTime 7.7.6 for Windows

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere 10 and windows 10
            ludo1703 Level 1

Hi ATR,

Thank you for your very quick answer and sorry for my late feedbacks.

I have intermittent access to my computer at the moment and won’t have access anymore in the next 4 weeks. So, not in a rush.

I am glad to hear Elements 10 is compatible with Windows 10. I was afraid it was not the case.

Yes, I am using a NVIDIA GeForce video card.

I have installed Quicktime 7.7.6 on Windows 10 (64 bit) as per your advice, but I did not see any improvement with the video in Premiere Elements.

Thanks again for your support.

Ludo1703

De : A.T. Romano 

Envoyé : lundi 7 décembre 2015 20:43

À : Ludovic Panard

Objet :  Premiere 10 and windows 10

Premiere 10 and windows 10

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/8265953#8265953>

• 3. Re: Premiere 10 and windows 10
              A.T. Romano Level 7

ludo1703

If you have Premiere Elements 10 on any computer that uses a NVIDIA Ge Force video card/graphics card, you have a major problem. The fix for the problem is to roll back the NVIDIA Ge Force video card/driver version to May 2013. The most of the NVIDIA Ge Force drivers to fix this problem are no longer available. Please read details

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/02/pe10-nvidia-video-card-roll-back.html

If that card ever worked on the computer that you are using with Premiere Elements10, then search the computer for the older driver which may have been automatically updated.

We will be watching for your follow up as your schedule permits.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere 10 and windows 10
                ludo1703 Level 1

Hello ATR,

Thanks a lot for your feedbacks.

I am still away from home and did not have a chance to get back to this issue.

It looks like solving this issue will not be easy. Is the issue coming from Adobe? NVidia? Windows 10?

The software worked perfectly fine before moving to Windows 10, so I guess the issue is coming from Windows 10, right?

Is it possible Windows 10 has removed the driver during the installation?

What would you recommend me to ask to the Windows 10 team to help solving this?

Regarding your advice, could you explain how to search my computer for the older driver which may have been automatically updated by Windows 10?

Last question : if I buy the last version of Premiere Element, will it work again?

Thank you for the continuous support. Really appreciated.

Ludovic

• 5. Re: Premiere 10 and windows 10
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Ludovic

Thank you for the update.

The answer for the specific Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce has never been resolved by NVIDIA or Adobe, and there is no evidence that it ever will be because 10 is not the current Premiere Elements version. And, based on history, the issue is independent of the computer operating system. So, no help expected from Microsoft or Apple.

This is not a Windows 10 problem  Windows 10's contribution may have been updating the video card/graphics card driver version to the latest version. Classically driver version updating is not the answer. The answer has been in driver version roll back to May 2013.

If your upgrade to Windows 10 64 bit was done on the computer that you have been using (a replacement rather than clean upgrade), then you might find the older driver

Device Manager

Display Adapter

NVIDIA Ge Force and then Properties of the card and Properties Driver Tab.

Under Driver Tab, there is an option to Update Driver. Update Driver typically gives you two choices, one for an online search, and one for search on your computer. Finding the older driver (that is old enough) in that computer search is your hope for success.

To get a Premiere Elements version as your video editor in your present computer environment...

a. You can use a version of Premiere Elements other than 10 and your updated NVIDIA GeForce

or

b. You could replace the NVIDIA GeForce with a non NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card (for example, Intel or ATI) and use Premiere Elements 10 in your present computer environment.

Even if you go to a new computer and operating system, you need to avoid the combination of Premiere Elements 10 on a computer that uses an updated NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card.

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Premiere 10 and windows 10
                    ludo1703 Level 1

Hi ATR,

Thanks for the additional details and explanation.

Eventually, I decided to upgrade to Premiere Element v14.

It now works perfectly well with this new version.

Thanks for the discussion and the different advices.

Ludovic

• 7. Re: Premiere 10 and windows 10
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Ludovic

Thanks for the update. Great news and great follow through to obtain Premiere Elements in a compatible computer environment.

Best wishes. Please do not hesitate to ask when you have questions about your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR