1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 12, 2009 3:59 PM by akki_sagar

PLEASE HELP!! Need some way to read header text in advanced datagrid using QTP

akki_sagar
      I am writing a function to read column names in advanced data grid. There is no operation for that and any of the properties that I can use to read the column names.

Please suggest any way that I can get the names of columns in the advanced data grid.

Thanks

• 1. PLEASE HELP!! Need some way to read header text in advanced datagrid using QTP
          akki_sagar Level 1
          I hope to hear something from adobe folks...I am providing more info.....

I am using QTP 9.2 and Flex 3 add-in available from Adobe.

My application has flex Advanced datagrid object and I am trying to read column names for the datagrid.

I have contacted developers and they told me that column names for flex advanced datagrid are stored in "Header Text"

I have tried reading "Header Text" using GetROProperty("HeaderText") but it doesn't return anything.

I have tried the following code:
          ----------------------------------------------------
          x = Browser("app").FlexApplication("flexapp").FlexCanvas("Canvas").FlexAdvancedDatagrid("esti mategridid").GetROProperty("Header Text")
          msgbox x

----------------------------------------------------
          I have also tried getting value for column names using other available properties for webtables like outerhtml, outertext, alt etc. but I don't get any data.

Part of the problem may be because none of the above mentioned properties are supported by Flex Advanced datagrid.

I have also tried getting child objects but I always get the data in datagrid as values but not the column names.

My primary reason for getting column names is to write a function to update cell in datagrid independent of application. So, I want to pass column name as a parameter to the function and get the corresponding columnIndex in the function by comparing the parameter value against column names.

Thanks to all for you help...