2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2009 9:11 AM by Newsgroup_User

Fireworks CS4 can't save or move objects

fiberwire
      Hi, I'm having a little problem with Fireworks CS4 10.0.0.495. I don't use the program, I'm just the IT guy administering it, so please forgive me if I don't know all the terminology ;)

One of my users is having a random problem with the application where it will be working fine then all of a sudden she can't move objects around and can't save the file she's working on. When she tries to move an object it just reverts back to its old location, and when she tries to save, it doesn't give any sort of error... it just doesn't save the file.

To fix the problem she needs to reboot and it then works fine for a while, but the same problem inevitably occurs.

Also, sometimes the fireworks screen will go grey and she'll get a low memory error. Restarting fireworks fixes this although, again, she can't save. If she clicks on the layers pane on the right side of the screen she gets a very generic error: "An Internal Error Occured"

I've searched on Google and couldn't find much, although my fireworks knowledge is near non-existent :( Any thoughts would be greatly appreicated.
        • 1. Re: Fireworks CS4 can't save or move objects
          Level 7
          fiberwire wrote:

> I've searched on Google and couldn't find much, although my fireworks
          > knowledge is near non-existent :( Any thoughts would be greatly appreicated.

Hi fiberwire,

This is a user to user forum, and we aren't at our best with technical
          issues. Have you tried calling Adobe customer support?

--
          Linda Rathgeber - Adobe Community Expert
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/members/8.html
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: Fireworks CS4 can't save or move objects
            Level 7
            fiberwire,

Tell your user to try the following:
            create a new file with the same dimensions as the one giving headaches.
            copy and paste the objects to the new file. (might work better if she
            doesn't select all the objects at once)
            Save the new file with a different name.

alex

fiberwire wrote:
            > Hi, I'm having a little problem with Fireworks CS4 10.0.0.495. I don't use the
            > program, I'm just the IT guy administering it, so please forgive me if I don't
            > know all the terminology ;)
            >
            > One of my users is having a random problem with the application where it will
            > be working fine then all of a sudden she can't move objects around and can't
            > save the file she's working on. When she tries to move an object it just
            > reverts back to its old location, and when she tries to save, it doesn't give
            > any sort of error... it just doesn't save the file.
            >
            > To fix the problem she needs to reboot and it then works fine for a while, but
            > the same problem inevitably occurs.
            >
            > Also, sometimes the fireworks screen will go grey and she'll get a low memory
            > error. Restarting fireworks fixes this although, again, she can't save. If
            > she clicks on the layers pane on the right side of the screen she gets a very
            > generic error: "An Internal Error Occured"
            >
            > I've searched on Google and couldn't find much, although my fireworks
            > knowledge is near non-existent :( Any thoughts would be greatly appreicated.
            >