5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2010 1:05 PM by CRez79

Is this a Flex bug?

john isaacks Level 1
      Ok I have enabled deep-linking to allow the user to use the back button to navigate to different states.

I noticed if you are on one state with a ComboBox and click it to make it open its drop down. Then hit the back button to go to the previous state, the dropdown part of the ComboBox stays on the screen. I believe this is probably because the drop down listens for you to click away to loose focus but since the back button is not a part of the Flash Player it doesn't know it lost focus and doesn't disappear?

So is this a bug or is there a fix?

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Is this a Flex bug?
          rtalton Level 4
          I just KNOW I've seen this issue somewhere, but cannot recall where. But yes, the combobox will stay open. I think someone came up with a solution of closing it when the app itself loses focus, or something like that.
          • 2. Re: Is this a Flex bug?
            rtalton Level 4
            btw, John, Welcome to the wonderful world of deep-linking!
            • 3. Re: Is this a Flex bug?
              john isaacks Level 1
              Ill look into that. Thanks!
              • 4. Re: Is this a Flex bug?
                CRez79

I seem to be having a simular issue with a large flex app. Regardless of browser,

In a view,

#Click combobox

+Combobox pops up

#Click outside of the browser

+Combobox closes

#Click combobox

+Combobox pops up

#Click outside of the browser

+Combobox does NOT close

In a small application (brand new project) this bug does not appear. But for some reason in a large application I've been help develop on, I get this bug.

Tia

Charles

• 5. Re: Is this a Flex bug?
                  CRez79 Level 1

Ok, for additional testing I created 2 functions that handle 'closing' and 'focusOut'.

I click the popup, then click outside the browser, the 2 functions are called.

I return to the browser by clicking on the combobox again to have the popup occour, but the 2nd time I leave the browser my functions are not called. So it's almost as if some how the control is losing something here, it's not that it's uninitialized (i created a function for that) it's just almost like the events aren't being fired the 2nd time around.