3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2016 4:11 PM by thomasr45052892

Unable to open Adobe Premiere Elements 14.

JDawn747

Hello.

I'm going to be very specific about these steps to ensure accuracy.

So, I double click the Adobe Premiere Elements 14 icon on my desktop. The small window opens (the window with the kid holding the ribbon thing under the pier) with start options (Photo Editor, Organizer, and Video Editor). I click video editor and wait. And wait. And wait. "Initializing application" are the words I am stuck looking at. Nothing happens. I click anywhere in that loading window and the application crashes. Help please? Also, I am running a trial version because I don't want to buy because of this problem.

• 1. Re: Unable to open Adobe Premiere Elements 14.
          kamnayadav Level 1

Hi JDawn,

Are you using a Windows 10 machine? If not, can you share the details of the machine being used for the editing. Does your machine have network connectivity? Is QuickTime installed on the machine? If yes, which version? You can try going to the installed location and launching the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe as administrator. Please do get back to the thread with information if it helped.

Thanks

Kamna

• 2. Re: Unable to open Adobe Premiere Elements 14.
            JDawn747 Level 1

>Are you using a Windows 10 machine?

No I am not. I am on Windows 7.

>Can you share the details of the machine being used for the editing

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.50ghz

RAM: 8GB

64bit operating system

GPU: GeForce GTX 960

>Does your machine have network connectivity?

Yes, it does.

>Is QuickTime installed on the machine? If yes, which version?

Quicktime Player 7.7.8

I followed your instructions and opened the file as an administrator and the same thing happened.

• 3. Re: Unable to open Adobe Premiere Elements 14.
              thomasr45052892

Although I did purchase Adobe Pre Elements, no icon has appeared other than the trial offer icon that I tested prior to purchasing.