2 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2006 8:34 PM by Kareem_Adobe

load movie problem

Kareem_Adobe
      i uploaded a site on the net .. the index.htm file have a main.swf file in it thatall it's use is just to "load movie in level 1" called ball.swf and from ball.swf i load sometimes another swf that also loads another one .. all in sperated levels .....
      the problem is when i test this site on my pc it works fine and every movie and the it loads is working just fine but on the net it only loads the ball.swf movie in level 1 and dosn't load any of the higher levels ..... what could cause that and how to fix it please
      PS
      1- i put all the swf files in same place not in seperated folder so it's not because i wrote the path wrong.
      2- the server plan i'm using is unix and i tried the same site on geocities and it worked great ...
      is this because of the unix server and if is .. is there a way to fix that by enabling or desabling somthing in the hosting control panel or any thing else?

please help cause if i can't upload the site cause of this problem ..i'll be in lots of troubles
        • 1. Re: load movie problem
          Level 7
          Hard to say but it could be a network timing problem where the loadMovie
          method is called too soon for the object target it loads into or it could be
          a slashes problem they go this away / for all OS when using loadMovie.

Suggest you create some dynamic output TextField in the movies root having
          trouble loading and instead of trace statement update the TextField as
          tracing so you can see where the problem occurs. Ex _root.tracer_txt.text +=
          "This is a tracing message"; A good place for these would before the
          loadMovie statements and supplying the url as well.

--
          Lon Hosford
          www.lonhosford.com
          May many happy bits flow your way!
          "kyleflash" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:e489s2$34s$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          i uploaded a site on the net .. the index.htm file have a main.swf file in
          it
          thatall it's use is just to "load movie in level 1" called ball.swf and from
          ball.swf i load sometimes another swf that also loads another one .. all in
          sperated levels .....
          the problem is when i test this site on my pc it works fine and every
          movie
          and the it loads is working just fine but on the net it only loads the
          ball.swf movie in level 1 and dosn't load any of the higher levels .....
          what
          could cause that and how to fix it please
          PS
          1- i put all the swf files in same place not in seperated folder so it's
          not
          because i wrote the path wrong.
          2- the server plan i'm using is unix and i tried the same site on
          geocities
          and it worked great ...
          is this because of the unix server and if is .. is there a way to fix that
          by
          enabling or desabling somthing in the hosting control panel or any thing
          else?

please help cause if i can't upload the site cause of this problem ..i'll
          be
          in lots of troubles

• 2. Re: load movie problem
            Kareem_Adobe Level 1
            it's not a slashes problem cause as i said i didn't use any folders or paths i gust load the movies from the same folder so i just type it's name and put them beside each others in same folder ... as for the code i have no idea how to do that .. i use flash MX with normal mode for the actions ..without it i'd be lost that's why i never updated my flash version and i only use simple codes so please if there is another way tell me or if you can send me the code exactly as i would put it and tell me what to do with it... thanks in advance