This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
Your post caught my eye as I've just started looking into posting webhelp on a secure server. Not sure I can answer you question but will direct you to a post that I came across the other day;
Also have this site in my SSL links which discusses issues with certificates.
Have you been having success with posting webhelp on a SSL up until now?
Thanks for the post and the link. I will follow up on the base href issue that they mention, and will post back what I find out.
As for posting to an SSL server, I don't actually use the "agent" or enterprise edition. I just generate the help and plop the directory on the server. Works fine over port 80, but I get that error on 443. Otherwise, the help works fine.
Please let us know how you get on.
I haven't continued on with it yet, but will do so this afternoon. From that link that you sent, they point to a problem with the base href not having the proper protocol. I will be looking at that first.
Finally getting back to this now. You know how it goes, hurry up and wait. :-)
So, now I'm running my IE tests and they are coming out OK in terms of the error message (the secure and insecure message). I'm using a windows laptop (not my primary machine) for this testing, so it is possible that it has been updated. (Current version of IE is 6.0.29).
I still see the searching error on FF 1.0.7 on Linux, though.
I looked into the "base href" issue brought up by the other link, but I don't believe that is my issue, as the location that is put in appears correct.
I may attempt to convert all of these files, if so, I will post my results.
Thanks for the help.