3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2015 4:30 AM by JoeKostoss

Lightroom CC - incorrect colours on import

svend erikj58099087

Why is it impossible for me to get the correct colours and exposure when importing RAW files from my Nikon d7100. Import goes on properly, but when finished, colours and exposure one by one is changed. Is there a solution?

• 1. Re: Lightroom CC - incorrect colours on import
          Keith_Reeder Level 4

But what are "correct" colours?

When files are initially imported, Lightroom displays the jpeg preview that is embedded in Raw file: then it switches to the unadjusted (by the camera) Raw rendering, based on whichever camera profile you've selected.

Have you tried the camera-specific profiles that Lightroom provides? They should be reasonably close to Nikon equivalents. Outside of that though - it's time for you to start adjusting the files yourself, which is of course, the whole point of shooting Raw.

One thing:

svend erikj58099087 wrote:

colours and exposure one by one is changed. Is there a solution?

Are you sure you're not applying an import preset?

• 2. Re: Lightroom CC - incorrect colours on import
            svend erikj58099087 Level 1

Thanks for the reply.

I am new into Lightroom. If I look for camera Calibration, there seems to be no options for calibrating a Nikon d7100 profile or any other profile at all.

I bought the CC four days ago, I therefore presume, that an update is not available or usable.

Kindly

Svend Erik

• 3. Re: Lightroom CC - incorrect colours on import
              JoeKostoss Level 4

Go to the Develop Module.  Camera Calibration is found in the bottom panel on the right hand side of the screen.  Here I have it set to Camera Vivid; I shoot with a Nikon D7000.  The D7100 should be very similar.

Edit:  If you don't see Camera Calibration, right click on a blank area next to any of the other panels, Basic, Tone Curve, etc. and make sure Camera Calibration is checked in the dialog box.

Screenshot 2015-12-08 07.22.18.png