• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashing on Framemaker File Import

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2009 Feb 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the trial version of RoboHelp 8 and am having a problem importing 3 specific FrameMaker 8 files. I am able to import other FrameMaker 8 files but for these 3 specific ones. Does anyone know what may cause RoboHelp to crash on certain files?

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get an error message that give you (and us) a clue? Is there something in the crashing documents that is not in the ones that successfully import? Are they bigger FM files? Lots of questions and very little to go on. Come back with some more info and we'll try to help you further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing in the files that I can see that would make it crash. They are smaller FM files, less than 100 kb. Not alot of graphics. Lots of tables. But less tables than the other files that have imported without crashing.

The message I get is this:

Adobe RoboHelp 8 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost. Please tell Microsoft about this problem. We have created an error report you can send to us.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must be something in those files that is causing RH to choke. Before you do anything, back backups. Then try splitting one of the FM files into two and importing one of them. If that works, repeat the process on the other half. Eventually you will find out what.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I do this, is there something specific I should look for in the offending FM file. I narrowed the problem down to one section don't see anything out of the ordinary.

Thanks for the suggestion. At least now I can figure out where the problem is occuring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2009 Feb 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is good you have identified that the problem is related to a specific section though. Personally I'd try repeating the process again on that section but removing some images or tables as I bet the problem is related to one of these. Other than that it is difficult to say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2009 Feb 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for all your help Colum.

Anna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp