3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2015 8:50 AM by A.T. Romano

Adding media to project assets

rogerabels

When I import new media at the beginning of a new project I do NOT wanted it added to the timeline.  I want it added only to the project assets.  Even in Expert mode it always adds all the chosen media files to the timeline, rather than the project assets panel.  Please advise.  Roger

• 1. Re: Adding media to project assets
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Roger

I know from your prior threads that you are using Premiere Elements 14. What is your computer operating system?

What Expert workspace Add Media choice are you making....Files and Folders or something else?

There are certain Expert workspace Add Media choices which will place the media only in Project Assets and others that will place the media in Project Assets and also to the Timeline. Some choices allow you to save the file to hard drive and not import into the project.

Please give more details so that we can customize a reply for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Adding media to project assets
            rogerabels Level 1

I am using Windows.

I use the elements organizer from within Premiere.  It opens a window showing my albums.  That allows me to chose and arrange pics from within the organizer which I find more convenient.  Also I working from scratch, that is I'm not using instant movie, etc.  Just a "new project".

I did follow up on your suggestions for setting the project settings that were related to 16:9 vs 3:2.  Did you get my response to you?

• 3. Re: Adding media to project assets
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Roger

I tried several scenarios, yet the Elements Organizer album content goes to Timeline as well as Project Assets.

I looked at Add Media/Elements Organizer as well as from Elements Organizer itself.

Not sure if it is an acceptable workaround - but, after the import, delete the Timeline content for the file. That will not delete the thumbnail for the file in Project Assets. To the contrary, if you delete the file's thumbnail in Project Assets, then that file on the Timeline will be deleted also.

The latest post I find from you in your other thread is post 9...

Unable to add Text in Instant Movie in Premiere Elements 14

I do not recall seeing a reference to the following there or in the thread in which we are now.

I did follow up on your suggestions for setting the project settings that were related to 16:9 vs 3:2.  Did you get my response to you?

Please consider, and then let me know if you need supplemental information.

Thank you.

ATR