7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2015 4:39 AM by mahbubk13261335

Lightroom won't launch as adobe app manager has gone missing?

mk2cc Level 1

Hi,

As per the discussion title, Lightroom will be working one minute then decide to stop working when launching it again as the adobe app manager has gone missing. Having paid for a standalone copy of LR6, it's ridiculous that it can't be used without this. I have to keep re-installing LR6 each time it bombs out as all attempts to get adobe app manager working again fail. Means I have to reload all of my presets too which is a pain in the ***. Customer service are about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

I'm on a Windows 7 64 bit PC. Anybody else have this trouble?

• 1. Re: Lightroom won't launch as adobe app manager has gone missing?
          Tanuj Sandal Adobe Employee

Hi mk2cc,

Please install the latest version of Adobe Application Manager from the following link : Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Windows : Adobe Application Manager

Regards,

Tanuj

• 2. Re: Lightroom won't launch as adobe app manager has gone missing?
            mk2cc Level 1

Tanuj,

Thanks for your reply but I'm afraid it's done the same again. Worked last night but launched lightroom again and it's not worked. Have installed the app manager again. However this time it expects me to sign in, thinking the software is a trial version when it isn't as it's fully purchased. That's why I have a serial number!! This is not helping my workflow and I am increasingly becoming frustrated with it. Why can't LR6 standalone just work without the app manager? I don't need updates. I'm going to uninstall the app manager and anything to do with Adobe. Reinstall LR6 again but block internet access and I hope it works. If not, I'll be looking for a refund on the software that is no longer fit for purpose. That is unless Adobe have a 'fix', and I use that term loosely.

Look forward to hearing what can be done.

Mahbub

• 3. Re: Lightroom won't launch as adobe app manager has gone missing?

Hi Mahbub,

Adobe App manager is required just for the licensing purposes. Lightroom 6 is a standalone program but it does need App manager for the activation so, you will receive the same message app manager is uninstalled. The latest version of App manager updates to the Creative cloud app so you can sign in to creative cloud app and choose license this software while launching Lightroom and enter your serial key to activate the program and get it recognized as a stand alone version. Here is the article that provides instructions for serialization : https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/serialize-lightroom-cc-trial-to-activate-as-lightroom -6.html

Regards,

Tanuj

• 4. Re: Lightroom won't launch as adobe app manager has gone missing?
                mk2cc Level 1

Tanuj,

I've serialized the copy of lightroom before but the app manager keeps bombing out and stopping lightroom from working again. The issue is not with Lightroom but with the app manager continuously failing to work, hence rendering the Lightroom unusable. Everytime I restart my PC it comes up with the same error. Screenshot 2015-12-10 17.38.08.png

Any thoughts on this. I can't keep installing this all the time just to get Lightroom to work. Frankly I'm getting sick and tired of having to do it everyday. Adobe need to resolve this issue as paying £108 for software\ that don't work is a complete rip off!!!

• 5. Re: Lightroom won't launch as adobe app manager has gone missing?

I would suggest you to please clean uninstall the Application and then reinstall it.

First please uninstall Adobe Application Manager, and Lightroom from the computer.

Then please rename the following folders from the locations mentioned :

Windows 7

~ Files / Folders ~

%temp%

C:\Program Files\Adobe*

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe*

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe*

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe*

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Macrovision Shared

C:\ProgramData\Adobe*

C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet

C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe*

C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\com.adobe.*

C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Local\Adobe*

C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\LocalLow\Adobe*

C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe*

~ Registry Keys ~

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Macromedia

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Macromedia

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\VirtualStore\Machine\Software\Adobe*

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe

Please restart the computer, and then restart the computer.

and then reinstall Adobe Application Manager , install Lightroom .

Regards,

Tanuj

• 6. Re: Lightroom won't launch as adobe app manager has gone missing?
                    mk2cc Level 1

Tanuj,

I've done a clean install before. Surely the uninstall should remove what it needs to. I don't want to be renaming folders and messing with registry keys to get a simple piece of software working. I didn't purchase it to be doing fixes myself to get it to work. Sorry but that's just poor customer service. There's an inherent issue with the software, especially the app manager which appears to be the root of the issue. Even when serialized to be a standalone copy, the app manager stops working and then throws up the first error I got before when the whole issue started.

Screenshot 2015-12-10 21.35.42.png

So like I said it's an app manager issue preventing me from using Lightroom. It's not a trial like I've mentioned, but app manager seems to think so. How can something that is installed, work for a little while and then disappear itself?? Can you let me know how I can get a refund on my purchase as I'm afraid the software is not fit for purpose. I've tried all the fixes recommended and it just doesn't want to work.

Regards

Mahbub

• 7. Re: Lightroom won't launch as adobe app manager has gone missing?
                      mahbubk13261335 Level 1

Well it's not worked since my last post. Adobe I have to say your customer service is the best I've come across. An absolute joke. What a total waste of money buying LR6 was. So glad I've switched to Capture One Pro. Software that actually works and has so much more functionality. The RAW converter is the best I've come across. No app manager needed either. Who's idea was that pffft!!! Take a note Adobe.You'll never get any of my money again. Overpriced non functioning pile of ****!!

Good riddance.