8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2015 10:28 PM by Giovannivolontè

cc 2015.1 record action bugs

Giovannivolontè Level 1

hi

photoshop cc 2015.1 ,windows 10 pro 64bit

there is a bug in the action recording

i have  created an action

added several selective color adjustament layers  reds,yellows and so on-> absolute (and not relative)

the first adjustament layer is red black -100 , all other color ,grey ,white and black -> black +100

stopped the action

run the action  , and photoshop re-crete all the selective color ajustament layers , but all are set to relative

can someone please check ?

thanks

• 1. Re: cc 2015.1 record action bugs
          khatwani Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Giovannivolontè,

Greetings!!!

Is that possible for you to create a screen capture video and share that with us?

Regards

Jitendra

• 2. Re: cc 2015.1 record action bugs
            Giovannivolontè Level 1

hi

yes i don't know which program use to register a video

for now  i added a screenshot

fNDtJgl.png

and the action http://www.filedropper.com/mask

can you please record an anction like mine under windows

thanks

• 3. Re: cc 2015.1 record action bugs

I created a new action at my end and that is working fine.

Can you try creating a new action?

• 4. Re: cc 2015.1 record action bugs
                Giovannivolontè Level 1

hi

i create an action with only 1 selective layer and it preserve the absolute settings

i create an action with several selective layers and it does not preserve absolute setting , all of them are relative

• 5. Re: cc 2015.1 record action bugs
                  Giovannivolontè Level 1

hi

i did it

and it's a bug , i tried another machine with a clean install of photoshop cc 2015.1.1 windows 10

i create a new action with 2014 and it's perfect!

in photoshop cc 2015.1.1 i create these layers ->selective color -> all absolute !

1) reds->black -100 , yellow +100 , green +100,cyan +100 , blues +100 , magenta +100 , whtite +100 ,neutrals +100 , black +100

2) reds ->black +100 , yellow -100 , green +100,cyan +100 , blues +100 , magenta +100 , whtite +100 ,neutrals +100 , black +100

3)reds ->black +100 , yellow +100 , green -100,cyan +100 , blues +100 , magenta +100 , whtite +100 ,neutrals +100 , black +100

4)reds ->black +100 , yellow +100 , green +100,cyan -100 , blues +100 , magenta +100 , whtite +100 ,neutrals +100 , black +100

5)reds ->black +100 , yellow +100 , green +100,cyan +100 , blues -100 , magenta +100 , whtite +100 ,neutrals +100 , black +100

6)reds ->black +100 , yellow +100 , green +100,cyan +100 , blues +100 , magenta -100 , whtite +100 ,neutrals +100 , black +100

7)reds ->black +100 , yellow +100 , green +100,cyan +100 , blues +100 , magenta +100 , whtite -100 ,neutrals +100 , black +100

8))reds ->black +100 , yellow +100 , green +100,cyan +100 , blues +100 , magenta +100 , whtite +100 ,neutrals -100 , black +100

9 )reds ->black +100 , yellow +100 , green +100,cyan +100 , blues +100 , magenta +100 , whtite +100 ,neutrals +100 , black -100

have you tried this ?

• 6. Re: cc 2015.1 record action bugs

I will check this again.

Regards

Jitendra

• 7. Re: cc 2015.1 record action bugs
                      BrettN Adobe Employee

You both are a bit right and both a bit wrong.

There is a bug here, but the nature of it isn't being caught.

This issue is actually caused by the Properties panel (where you choose the settings for your Adjustment layers). This issue is present in CS5 and later.

The problem is that the Action only records CHANGES made to the Properties. The Relative/Absolute setting is STICKY, meaning that once you change to Absolute it is remembered and you don't have to change it again when you make a new Selective Color Adjustment Layer. Since the default setting is Relative, when you create the first action, changing the setting to Absolute gets recorded into that first action. This is why it worked for you Jitendra, and also why it worked for you Mantra in CC 2014. If either of you were to try again, you'd find it wouldn't work the second time around. Unfortunately, changing to Relative and back to Absolute doesn't get recorded into the action either, since the final state is unchanged. To truly reset this, you'd have to create a new Selective Color Adjustment Layer, set the option to Relative, and apply that setting into the layer. Then you could record the new action that includes the step of changing the option to Absolute. This would just be a workaround for now. I'll let the engineering team know about this so we can have it fixed in a future update.

• 8. Re: cc 2015.1 record action bugs
                        Giovannivolontè Level 1

hi

i have never had an issue with cs5 or cs6 about it

but thanks!