10 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2015 8:31 PM by dantonh

Premiere Elements 14 not working with multi audio track videos.

dantonh

Hi

Hopefully someone can help me with this.

So i record gameplay video on a Hauppauge HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition. I use multiple audio tracks in the video to keep the game sound and the voice narration seperate. The audio encoder for the videos is in MPEG 2 Layer. In Adobe premiere pro CS6 when i would drag the video in it would fill game audio as well as voice audio but with the trial over i bought buy premiere elements 14 thinking it would be similar. But everytime i drag the file in the voice audio is not there and will not show up.

So am i missing something? or does premiere elements not have that? Because then i have to take it back and got to spend like $230 bucks for Adobe premiere pro CS6.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 14 not working with multi audio track videos.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

dantonh

When a file with video and audio (no matter how many streams of each) is imported into Premiere Elements, the file imports with video and audio components linked - video is a composite of video streams (Video 1) and audio is a composite of audio streams (Audio 1).

The audio streams recorded do not present each with its own track.

Are you saying that you based your Premiere Elements expectations on the tryout results from Premiere Pro?

You can ask Adobe for a return/refund if you are within 14 days of the Premiere Elements 14 purchase specifically from Adobe as download. Then see

Return, cancel, or exchange an Adobe order

If you purchased elsewhere, then you are governed by the return/refund policy of the seller.

Please consider and supply more details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 14 not working with multi audio track videos.
            dantonh Level 1

Ok so then when i import it: it should have Video 1, Audio 1, Audio 2. Audio is not showing up period. i have fiddled with the settings and nothing appears in the narration section.

I hoped they had similar settings. Well if i can't fix it fine, I'll take it back and get a refund. It's pretty sad when 1 company dominates a market, and forces everyone to accept or die.

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 14 not working with multi audio track videos.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

dantonh

Thanks for the reply.

Composite audio stream and no audio at all are a different matters. If you import one file with video and audio components they come into Premiere Elements Expert workspace linked with video presenting on Video 1 and audio on Audio 1. If narration is incorporated in the file being imported, it would import in the composite audio on Audio 1. Nothing would be expected on the Narration Track (Voice Track as it is called in verson 14).

Please confirm, are you saying that you import your file from the hard drive and all you get in the project is the video and representation for audio in numbered audio tracks?

Then we can focus in another direction, that is, the properties of your source files. Since you report that your video is derived from gameplay recording, we would need to consider

a. Video and audio compression, file extension of the file, frame rate, project settings, Stereo or 5.1 channel......

b. Is the audio recorded with a variable or constant frame rate? Premiere Elements has problems with video recorded with a variable rather than constant frame rate. The symptoms range from audio out of sync or not being able to import the video at all.

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 14 not working with multi audio track videos.
                dantonh Level 1

ok so i import file. video 1 and audio 1 appear. audio 1 is the ingame sound (gun sounds, music, etc.) what is not imported is the audio from the microphone from the recording.

Video records and compresses as .ts

Audio encodes in the .ts as MPEG-1 Layer 2

Constant rate 14 Mbps

Voice Audio is recorded on a Black Yeti microphone.

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 14 not working with multi audio track videos.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

dantonh

Thanks for the clarification. The troubleshooting turns with the details. I have seen reported what you are describing, and I have not seen a resolution except to bring the narration in as a separate file. I will see if I can find the thread(s) I am recalling to confirm the details in those cases.

Just found one of the threads that I am recalling. Please review it and decide if CurtisC's workaround will work for you.

Audio from Mic is not playing in timeline

Looking forward to learning of your results.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 14 not working with multi audio track videos.
                    dantonh Level 1

Thank you for trying to help.

But it doesnt work. I have viewed the link you posted, I have also read other forum posts about microphone problems. is it because its a USB mic? or that the program is too old for my use.

i guess i will have to return Premiere Elements 14.

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 14 not working with multi audio track videos.
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

dantonh

Thanks for the follow up.

From what you described, I have no reason to believe that you are involved in the classic USB microphone matter of does or does not work that type of microphone work for Premiere Elements. Those discussions typically revolved around the project's Narration Tool and creating narration clips within the project.

I suspect that your situation goes more to how your recording device is integrating the narration from the mic with the recording of the video and audio. Have you asked the manufacturer of HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition about your situation with regard to the recording and mic set up from the file(s) produced perspective?

ATR

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements 14 not working with multi audio track videos.
                        dantonh Level 1

Well i have given up on using multiple audio tracks and have just used 1, so the my voice and ingame audio are blended in 1 track. here is hoping i got the game settings turned real low.

• 9. Re: Premiere Elements 14 not working with multi audio track videos.
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

dantonh

Thanks for the update.

When you explore Premiere Elements workflow, determine if applicable the Smart Mix feature which will lower the sound on one track while other audio is wanted to dominate at that point.

Please update us on your progress as your schedule permits.

Best wishes.

ATR

• 10. Re: Premiere Elements 14 not working with multi audio track videos.
                            dantonh Level 1

elements forced me to use a single audio track, its fine but without the ability to seperate into multiple tracks i lose quality and that wouldnt work on multiple audio set ups. Example 4 people recording footage from seperate devices. so i returned it to London Drugs for a refund. but now its stuck on my account saying i owned it still. oh well.

thank you for trying to help.