12 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2015 5:23 PM by A.T. Romano

Video File is shaking all the time

Editall16

How to fix video shaking file?

• 1. Re: Video File is shaking all the time
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Editall

What version of Premiere Elements, what computer operating system?

Details are needed for us to help you.

Generalizing, if you are seeing the consequences of camera shake, Premiere Elements does come with a video stabilizer. In earlier versions it is called Video Stabilizer or Stabilizer and found under Effects/Video Effects. In Premiere Elements 13/13.1 it is called Shake Stabilizer. (See Adjust Tab/Adjustments Palette). In Premiere Elements 14 it is called Shake Reduction (See Adjust Tab/Adjustments Palette). Customization of stabilization is available.

At this point, we need to distinguish between camera shake and problems with the project settings.

Please consider and give details. Any questions or need clarification on any of the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Video File is shaking all the time
            Editall16 Level 1

I have Premiere Elements 13 and Windows 7 Ultimate.

12 CPU AMD  64 Bit

GeForce GTX 950  Video Card 2 GB

24 GB Of Memory Ram

2 Solid State HD of 1 TB each

• 3. Re: Video File is shaking all the time
              Editall16 Level 1

In case you want to know this what appear in the Premiere Elements Monitor:

• 4. Re: Video File is shaking all the time
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Editall

Thanks for the reply with troubleshooting information.

Please confirm - is the video shaking before it is imported into Premiere Elements or only after it is?

If the video has camera shake from the recording session, then drag the Shake Stabilizer into the Timeline video (See Adjust Tab/Adjustments Palette/)

Please refer to the Adobe document on Shake Stabilizer.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/shake-stabilizer.html

If your video is fine before import into Premiere Elements and only becomes shaking once it is imported int Premiere Elements, then we need more information on the properties of the video and the project preset that is being set to match its properties.

Please see Expert workspace Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Rate, and Pixel Aspect Ratio. And tell us what the readings are (even if those field look grayed out).

For the properties of the video (video compression, audio compression, frame size, frame rate, etc.), we may be able to get the information that we need by knowing the brand/model/settings for the camera recorded the video.

Please consider and supply the information requested.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...it appeared that you were planning on posting more in post 3. You wrote

In case you want to know this what appear in the Premiere Elements Monitor:

No additional information appear in that post. Please try again if you intended to send a screenshot.

The specified item was not found.

• 5. Re: Video File is shaking all the time
                  Editall16 Level 1

After importer. When I play the video star shaking. That happened with any video. I uninstall PE twice and still the same. Do you see the photo about  I send you?

• 6. Re: Video File is shaking all the time
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Editall

Thanks for the replies. So far I have not seen the photo that you wanted to post. Please try again. Maybe go through the jpeg screenshot  posting details one more time.  How to post a screenshot in the forum

Do not bother with the video stabilizer. From your description of the problems, this is not camera shake but rather a Premiere Elements workflow issue.

1. For what you are putting on the Timeline and which is presenting shaking...what I wrote before becomes more relevant

For the properties of the video (video compression, audio compression, frame size, frame rate, etc.), we may be able to get the information that we need by knowing the brand/model/settings for the camera recorded the video.

And, we need to know what project settings are being set...to get that information, please tell us what you see for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio (even if the fields look grayed out) under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General.

2. When you are viewing your video in the Edit area monitor and seeing it shaking, is there an orange line over its Timeline content at the Timeline level? See the orange line to which I refer in the following screenshot.....

Render.JPG

This screenshot is from Premiere Elements 12/12.1, but same principle in 13/13.1.

If you see an orange line over the content, does the video shaking no longer exist after you change the orange to green with Timeline rendering (pressing the Render button above the Timeline)?

Please consider, and then we will decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: Video File is shaking all the time
                      Editall16 Level 1

It is right here . I can use elements now because I’m working on the pc now.

• 8. Re: Video File is shaking all the time
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Editall16

Are you saying that you have posted the screenshot that you wanted to send to your thread? I am not seeing it.

If you have sent a jpeg screenshot according to the how to link for screenshot posting, perhaps there is a delay in it getting posted in the thread for all of us to see. If that is the case, let us give it a little bit more time to appear here.

Otherwise, please go through my latest series of questions and supply as much detail possible. The answers will be in those details.

Thanks for your follow ups.

ATR

• 9. Re: Video File is shaking all the time
                          Editall16 Level 1

You got it now?

• 10. Re: Video File is shaking all the time
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Editall16

Screenshot has not appeared yet.

Are you sending the screenshot from an email notification? If so, please try to send it from your computer web browser using your thread address Re: Video File is shaking all the time

I am going to be traveling most of the morning and early afternoon. I will be revisiting your thread later in the afternoon to look for further developments. If the problems with the screenshot persist, then please substitute with a written description of what you wanted to send.

Just make sure that you are viewing your videos without that render indicator line showing orange (see screenshot in post 6).

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 11. Re: Video File is shaking all the time
                              Editall16 Level 1

Mr. Romano;

I did the way you said when sent me the link about importing scree shot. I’m not an expert in PC’s so there any other way for me. When I try to do shaking remove or fix a red line appear in the little monitor in  my PE 13. The red line is right in the middle of the monitor and say “Stabilizer requires clip dimensions to match project. Create a new project.” That all I can say.

• 12. Re: Video File is shaking all the time
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Editall16

Thanks for the follow up.

Please discontinue trying to apply the video stabilizer effect to your video. It appears not to be applicable to your Premiere Elements shaking video issue if the shaking occurs only after import of the video into the project. Video stabilizer is indicated when you record video with the camera held in an unsteady way.

Consequently, the Video Stabilizer problem that you have run into is an unneeded issue that is being introduced. If you did need the Shake Stabilizer, it can only be applied to a clip whose properties match the details in the project preset that was set for the project.

Let us go back to what I wrote earlier

If your video is fine before import into Premiere Elements and only becomes shaking once it is imported int Premiere Elements, then we need more information on the properties of the video and the project preset that is being set to match its properties.

Please see Expert workspace Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Rate, and Pixel Aspect Ratio. And tell us what the readings are (even if those field look grayed out).

Please consider and supply the information requested.

Try to round up a much information as possible regarding properties of your problem video, project settings, and whether or not you are viewing the rendered or unrendered Timeline content when you see this video shaking in the monitor preview.

I realize that you said that the video shakes in the monitor no matter what the video. Nevertheless, please give us one of more specific examples as to what video format is shaking in the monitor.

Please consider, and then we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR