Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto sizing Popups dislpay location

Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Popups with "Display in auto-sizing popup" chosen as the Hyperlink Options.  The popup displays in the upper left hand corner of the help page, but I need it to display right beside the referenced image map.  Can I do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short answer: no.

Long answer: the popup is created in the ehlpdhtm.js file. If you are up to it, you can change the script there to modify the behaviour. But you'll need to be confident in your JavaScript abilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of RoboHelp are you using and does it have all patches applied? This was a problem a few versions back.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using RoboHelp 10.  Not sure about the patches.  We are in a secure environment and must use approved software versions.  10 is the only version currently approved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing, I recompiled the project as WebHelp instead of Microsoft HTML Help and the popups work just as they should, appearing next to the associated image map.  Do you think this is an issue with RoboHelp 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's the deal

Microsoft HTML Help uses elements of the IE browser to present the content. The Adobe development team has to constantly modify the RoboHelp code in order to keep up with browser changes. My guess is that things sort of "fell apart" because some aspect of the browser code has changed.

So with respect to the question about it being "an issue with RoboHelp 10", I suppose in one way it could be viewed as such. But only from the standpoint that you haven't upgraded RoboHelp to stay abreast of browser changes.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp