9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2015 11:28 AM by A.T. Romano

Black edge around movie

photoshop 7 elements

how I can produce a movie in full screen without black edge, because I tried many options among other 16:9, HD format ,but I still got black edge around the movie. it is about adobe Premiere elments 14

• 1. Re: Black edge around movie
          A.T. Romano Level 7

photoshop 7 elements

What computer operating system for your Premiere Elements 14?

What are the properties of the video that you are importing into the project for editing and export?

What is the project preset that you or the project is setting to match the properties of the source video? What are the readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio (even if they look grayed out) under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General?

Where are you seeing the black borders...

a. only in the export?

b. previewing in the Edit area monitor?

c. other?

If export is involved what are the choices under Expert & Share/?

Please consider and give details. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Black edge around movie
            photoshop 7 elements Level 1

Thank youfor answeringI usewindows 10 (Core i5)When Iimport mp4 video clip, which is playing in full screen so I can see black edgein the Edit area. I tried many things here but it does not help, therefore Ithought that with choosing HD or Full HD in export file it will help, but unfortunately,it does not help

I hope that you can help meLook please at attached files Med venlig hilsen 

Mahmoud Abdul-Ghani 

Den 0:55 fredag den 11. december 2015 skrev A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Black edge around movie

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussionphotoshop 7 elements What computer operating system for your Premiere Elements 14? What are the properties of the video that you are importing into the project for editing and export?What is the project preset that you or the project is setting to match the properties of the source video? What are the readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio (even if they look grayed out) under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General? Where are you seeing the black borders...a. only in the export?b. previewing in the Edit area monitor?c. other? If export is involved what are the choices under Expert & Share/? Please consider and give details. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you. ATR If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8281327#8281327 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8281327#8281327 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 3. Re: Black edge around movie
              A.T. Romano Level 7

photoshop 7 elements

Thank you for the follow up. I look forward to helping you resolve your Premiere Elements workflow problem. I believe that I can help you but I need specific details. The information that you said that you were going to post did not get posted.

1. What are the properties of the file that you import into the project -

frame width, frame height, frame rate, and also video and audio compressions.

After you import your file, please go to the Expert workspace, Project Assets. In Project Assets, right click the thumbnail for your file and select Properties. In Properties, what do you see for frame size and frame rate and pixel aspect ratio?

2. What are you project settings?

After you import your file and it is on the project's Expert workspace Timeline, please go to Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and tell us what the readings are for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio. (please give the readings even if they may look grayed out).

The above information will help us get started, especially if there are problems posting attachments in the thread.

Thank you. Any questions, please ask.

ATR

• 4. Re: Black edge around movie
                photoshop 7 elements Level 1

Thanks for your helpPlease look at attatched files Med venlig hilsen 

Mahmoud Abdul-Ghani 

Den 3:50 mandag den 14. december 2015 skrev A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Black edge around movie

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussionphotoshop 7 elements Thank you for the follow up. I look forward to helping you resolve your Premiere Elements workflow problem. I believe that I can help you but I need specific details. The information that you said that you were going to post did not get posted. 1. What are the properties of the file that you import into the project -frame width, frame height, frame rate, and also video and audio compressions.After you import your file, please go to the Expert workspace, Project Assets. In Project Assets, right click the thumbnail for your file and select Properties. In Properties, what do you see for frame size and frame rate and pixel aspect ratio? 2. What are you project settings?After you import your file and it is on the project's Expert workspace Timeline, please go to Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and tell us what the readings are for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio. (please give the readings even if they may look grayed out). The above information will help us get started, especially if there are problems posting attachments in the thread. Thank you. Any questions, please ask. ATR If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8293025#8293025 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8293025#8293025 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 5. Re: Black edge around movie
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

photoshop 7 elements

I think that there is still a problem. There are no attached files appearing in your thread in the Premiere Elements Forum.

Please describe how you are trying to attach them.

Thank you.

ATR

• 9. Re: Black edge around movie
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

photoshop 7 elements

Thank your for all the replies and the very helpful screenshots. The considerations start with your source 720 x 400 with pixel aspect ratio = 1.0. There is no project preset for that in Premiere Elements (any version). But, if you want to make a PAL DVD-VIDEO widescreen 16:9 on DVD with that, then I think the following should work so no black borders.

Open Premiere Elements 14 to the Expert workspace. Go to File Menu/New/Project and Change Settings. Then you are going to change the project preset to PAL/DV/Widescreen 48 kHz. These are the directions for doing that.....

• Open the project to the Expert workspace, and go to File Menu/New Project and Change Settings.
                    • In Change Settings, set the project preset to PAL/DV/Widescreen 48 kHz. OK out of there.
                    • In the New Project dialog that opens, rename the project and make sure to have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project". OK out of there.
                    • Back in the Expert workspace, import your 740 x 400 file using Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets from where you drag the file to the Timeline video/audio tracks.

The image should fit very closely in the Edit area monitor space. But, look closely. If you see any black border, scale the image until you do not see any black borders. If they are there at all, they should be very thin. If you need any help with the scaling, please let me know.

When you get to Expert & Share/Disc/DVD, you select SD 576 720 x 576. The preview in that area should show the image with no black borders and presenting as a 16:9 image.

Please consider. If any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Looking forward to your results as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...Please check your reading for Space Required and Bitrate in the burn dialog just before you hit the burn button (with check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space")