• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems With Adobe Air 20 for multiple clients

Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have had 6 clients today who many have told us they are on macs, and we think all of them are on macs, report that our adobe air product will no longer open after updated to adobe air 20. Once we have them install our product from an .air file the issue is resolved. Please note that they do not need to uninstall. They only have to update to an older or newer version of our software and it fixes the problem.

We have also reproduced this same issue ourselves by launching our product, getting notified that the adobe air update 20 was available, updating and now our adobe air app will not run.

The computer where we reproduced this problem was a Mac running OSX 10.11.1.

I'll see if I can find any useful info in the system.log

So I looked at the system log file and after succesfully updating to adobe air 20 the following error message occurred in the log. I have replaced our product name with <productName>.

Dec 10 16:12:06 iMac <productName>[23894]: renaming from\

/Applications/<productName>.app/Contents/MacOS/<productName>\

to\

/Applications/<productName>.app/Contents/MacOS/<productName>_32\

Dec 10 16:12:06 iMac <productName>[23894]: renaming failed with this error: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=513 "\'93<productName>\'94 couldn\'92t be moved because you don\'92t have permission to access \'93MacOS\'94." UserInfo=\{NSSourceFilePathErrorKey=/Applications/<productName>.app/Contents/MacOS/<productName>, NSUserStringVariant=(\

Move\

), NSFilePath=/Applications/<productName>.app/Contents/MacOS/<productName>, NSDestinationFilePath=/Applications/<productName>.app/Contents/MacOS/<productName>_32, NSUnderlyingError=0x408df0 \{Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=13 "Permission denied"\}\}\

Dec 10 16:12:06 iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.<productName>.1.120672[23894]): Service exited with abnormal code: 1\

\

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI ,

Please follow the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue :-

1. Uninstall the installed application from the system
  2. Download AIR 20 (Adobe - Adobe AIR)
  3. Re-install the application .

Please let me know if you still face any issue .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned in my original comment we already have a workaround for the problem. The solution is to simply update our product to a different version but uninstalling and reinstalling also works as well.

Solving the problem isn't the issue. The issue is the problem shouldn't be occurring in the first place. We have customers that are freaking out because they update adobe air and all of a sudden our program won't launch or display any message at all and they have a customer sitting in front of them waiting for our product to open.

Imagine if this was a different program. Microsoft Excel for example. You have microsoft excel installed. Windows installs an update and BOOM microsoft excel doesn't open any more. You now have to install an update for microsoft excel to resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused, we already have this bug reported and are working on it .

We will update you as soon as the issue is fixed .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you guys are busy working on this issue but I want to reinforce that this is really causing our customers a lot of problems and us a lot of extra support.Probably the biggest issue is that our adobe air program just dies and so the customer thinks they lost data and contact us in a panic. I'm also a little worried that by the time this issue gets resolved it won't need to be resolved because our customer will have all used our workaround for this problem. I also suspect that most customers that experience this issue will be hesitant to update adobe air in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that.  Didn't work.  Installed, but programs that use AIR do not run.

I get an error code of 1 in the system.log

Can I go back to the prior version that worked?

Also, the link to the page with "prior versions" does not work. I get an "Internal Server Error" for this link:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/853/cpsid_85304.html

on this page:

Troubleshoot AIR installation | Mac OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prior versions of AIR can be found here: Download links for archived Adobe AIR SDK versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent all day yesterday and today's morning trying to work around this.

I have a windows air app that when I tried to update or reinstall it would simply freeze, my task manager have 4 air processes stuck at 100kb or 104kb, they don't close or respond... Only till I tried another computer was that I found out that the problem must be because I updated to air 20...

This sort of basic issue shouldn't happen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The bug mentioned by nitanwar can be found here: Bug#4098313 - AIR application can't be started under Mac OS X

I totally agree with StudioCloud that hacky workarounds are not a solution and that the problem should not have occured in the first place.

Dear Adobe staff, when will this bug be fixed? Since 8th of December - almost a month now! - our Mac users have this problem. Since uninstall/reinstall does not work for most, we advise them to downgrade to AIR 19 which is a security nightmare in the long run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines