3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2009 7:55 AM by jsebastian_herrera

Adobe AIR is Corrupt

John Attebury
      It says the application cannot run, "Adobe AIR is corrupt". My application does run; however, the user has to close the error dialog.

I uninstalled Adobe AIR and my application and reinstalled both. Still get the error message.

Any ideas?
        • 1. Re: Adobe AIR is Corrupt
          tzeng Adobe Employee
          Could you install another AIR application and run it? Would that error dialog comes up? If yes, could you get the Runtime install log and post it?

To get the Runtime install log, you need to create .airinstall.log file in your home directory. And you need to reinstall the Runtime again.

-ted
          • 2. Re: Adobe AIR is Corrupt
            jsebastian_herrera

My Air Runtime (1.5) is CORRUPT. I'm using OS X 10.5.6, do develop in Flex Builder 3 (with sdk 3.0 & 3.2). No problems untill now.

First, Tour de Flex stopped working, just doesn't open, hangs for ever. Some smaller AIR Apps still do work fine. But the big ones (the one i'm develping, for example) just doesn't, or works very strangely. I couldn't uninstall it gracefully, but i could only through terminal & sudo . But then the installer hangs after "Elevated install completed". Then, i can't download any AIR Apps, it hangs when it opens the AIR Application Installer.

Any advice is *strongly* appreciated.
            sebastián

I'm sending the complete log:

subinstaller: starting install
            subinstaller: Scheduling runtime installation operations
            subinstaller: Beginning runtime installation
            subinstaller: Beginning install
            subinstaller: Copying /Volumes/Adobe AIR/Adobe AIR Installer.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework to /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework
            subinstaller: Copying /Volumes/Adobe AIR/Adobe AIR Installer.app to /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Uninstaller.app
            subinstaller: Copying /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Uninstaller.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/Current/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app to /private/var/folders/zz/zzzivhrRnAmviuee+++++++++++/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0/file1
            subinstaller: Deleting /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Uninstaller.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/Current/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app
            subinstaller: Copying /Volumes/Adobe AIR/Adobe AIR Installer.app to /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/Adobe AIR Updater.app
            subinstaller: Copying /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/Adobe AIR Updater.app/Contents/Frameworks to /private/var/folders/zz/zzzivhrRnAmviuee+++++++++++/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0/file2
            subinstaller: Deleting /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/Adobe AIR Updater.app/Contents/Frameworks
            subinstaller: Copying /Volumes/Adobe AIR/Adobe AIR Installer.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app to /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app
            subinstaller: Registering /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app/Contents/Info.plist
            subinstaller: Copying /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app/Contents/Info.plist to /private/var/folders/zz/zzzivhrRnAmviuee+++++++++++/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0/file3
            subinstaller: Deleting /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app/Contents/Info.plist
            subinstaller: chown of /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework completed with status 0
            subinstaller: chown of /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app completed with status 0
            subinstaller: chown of /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Uninstaller.app completed with status 0
            subinstaller: Execution complete; beginning commit phase
            subinstaller: Deleting /private/var/folders/zz/zzzivhrRnAmviuee+++++++++++/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0/file1
            subinstaller: Deleting /private/var/folders/zz/zzzivhrRnAmviuee+++++++++++/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0/file2
            subinstaller: Deleting /private/var/folders/zz/zzzivhrRnAmviuee+++++++++++/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0/file3
            subinstaller: Commit complete
            subinstaller: install complete
            subinstaller: begin quitting
            Elevated install completed
            begin quitting

• 3. Re: Adobe AIR is Corrupt
              jsebastian_herrera Level 1
              Still nothing working. Got the new 1.5.1 Air Installer, but it also hangs after finishing some part of the installation, showing an empty Adobe AIR dialog, with no button for OK nor anything. After a long while, i just have to Quit by menu. Then, some of the "small" AIR apps work, but bigger ones (Tour de Flex) just don't open.

The insatll log:

tail -f .airinstall.log
              subinstaller: chown of /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app completed with status 0
              subinstaller: chown of /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Uninstaller.app completed with status 0
              subinstaller: Execution complete; beginning commit phase
              subinstaller: Deleting /private/var/folders/zz/zzzivhrRnAmviuee+++++++++++/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0/file1
              subinstaller: Deleting /private/var/folders/zz/zzzivhrRnAmviuee+++++++++++/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0/file2
              subinstaller: Deleting /private/var/folders/zz/zzzivhrRnAmviuee+++++++++++/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0/file3
              subinstaller: Commit complete
              subinstaller: install complete
              subinstaller: begin quitting
              Elevated install completed

sebastian