• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7 installation on Win2k3 Server?

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2009 Feb 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a valid serial number and I am trying to install Robohelp 7 on a Windows 2k3 Server. I can install the software and then get to the setup screen where you input the serial number. If I select the radio button for "Try this for 30 days" then I can use the software and it appears to work fine. But if I put my serial number in, it comes up with a big red x and says the number isn't valid. After 5 hours on the phone today, they (adobe robohelp tech support) told me I can't put the serial number in because I'm installing it on an unsupported platform. It seems to function fine as a trial... Has anyone else installed the RH7 Office on a Win2k3 box?

Help appreciated,

-Jason

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2009 Feb 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two issues here Jason.

1] RH is not designed to run on that OS. I am surprised the trial ran.

2] Installing it on a server is a breach of the licence.

You will have to install it on a supported system.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2009 Feb 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I am not sure why installing RoboHelp on a machine that has Windows 2003 on it would be a breach of the license agreement, other than possibly running it on an unsupported platform. If you install RoboServer on Windows 2003 and want to publish to it, a possible solution is to install RoboHTML on the same box so you can connect locally and simplify the publishing connection issues and permissions that are required to do it over the network.

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2009 Feb 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
See the licence. It has to be locally installed, not on a server.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp