2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2009 2:57 PM by JoeDaSilva

How to put flash on a page created with Fireworks HTML

I have created a page using fireworks, and then imported it into Dreamweaver. There is a Flash Movie that needs to be on this page. I have tried making a slice that is the exact size of the movie and then inserting the Flash there in Dreamweaver. The problem is once I do that the layout gets messed up and there are all of these lines and open spaces. How can I properly set up the page to embed this movie? Thanks in advance!
        • 1. Re: How to put flash on a page created with Fireworks HTML
          TheVendor
          Could you not just create a rectangle in fw the size of the movie as div. Like have a folder called divs draw the rectangle call it whatever then export the css and images and then embed the flash video in that rectangle. I'm sure if this would work or not, but just trying to help.
          • 2. Re: How to put flash on a page created with Fireworks HTML
            JoeDaSilva Level 4
            Theoretically if the slice in Fireworks is the exact same size as the Flash piece you should be able to just drop it in there. Check code view and see if you're accidentally getting any extra BR tags, P tags or other markup in there before you insert the Flash.

The most important thing you should know though is that Fireworks doesn't produce code that you can use in a production (live) website. It just creates fragile "prototype" code so you can preview the interactivity of a site before redoing the code from scratch either by hand or in a program like Dreamweaver.