0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2015 2:53 AM by ivanthehunter

Premiere Elements 10 hang up when starting.

ivanthehunter

Drivers: updated.

Quicktime: up to date.

Windows Update: Updated, important and recommended

I7 processor, plenty of hard drive space, 16GB ram, laptop with dedicated graphics card.

I have had Elements functioning on this very computer in the past. I have gone through and tried many solutions trying to get past the hang up at the end of the loading phase for Elements, inculding:

making sure my user folders (documents, pictures) are not mapped and are at the default location.

using the administrator account (command prompt, administrator /active:yes, logging in, compatibility mode, the whole works)

I have installed from both the discs, and from the download. same issue.

I have tried rebooting, uninstalling, removing, and using different directories. everything short of reformatting, because I have already gone through that and had it running on this windows install. I am not reformatting. If it comes to that, I am done with Adobe products, and I will jump to another developer.

yes I am a forum noob. I apologize. has anyone run into anything from Adobe on this issue? because despite my searchings, I have only found user solutions, none of which had alleviated the problem.