• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I downloaded a disk image (DMG), and it's damaged.

Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a disk image (DMG), and it's damaged. How can I chat with someone who can help me?

(I am on a macbook pro running OS 10.11.2, with Safari as my browser.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

If you are referring to older version apps like CS 5, you may refer below link :

Installation Extension-Manager für Dremweaver CS5.5 auf MAC OSX Version 10.11.1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no one can fix it via chat or anything else.

you need to redownload the damaged file to get an undamaged one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded it four times, each time with a damaged file. The customer service people haven't offered any real help. Feeling frustrated...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are referring to older version apps like CS 5, you may refer below link :

Installation Extension-Manager für Dremweaver CS5.5 auf MAC OSX Version 10.11.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who would ever think that such a simple detail would fix such a vexing problem? And why don't the customer service people know this? I'm going to tell one of the chat-ppl.

THANKS!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That will be good idea, at least they can provide this simple information to users who are facing this error .

This issue occurs because the latest Mac OS  especially El Capitan does not detects older version Apps like CS 5 as digitally signed by Apple. so considering this as unsigned app , it blocks the installation process as it recognizes the CS 5 as program developed by Un-Identified  developer.

Not only for Adobe apps , whenever you try to run DMG files , first the Mac OS will verify for Checksum , App Signatures ...etc.after passing these parameters then only it will start installation process.

But in CS 5 installation case , it is just a misunderstanding between OS and Older version App.

So once we set Mac Gatekeeper settings to Allow from anywhere, the issue will get resolved

And you are most welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines