Today we're pleased to announce that the next version of AIR is available for immediate download. This release of AIR updates the embedded version of Flash Player to the most recent version.
Below are some of the key features and benefits of AIR 20. Please see our release notes for full details.
- AIR 64-bit on Mac OS X
The AIR shared runtime and SDK are now fully 64-bit on OSX! With AIR 20, all Mac AIR applications will be 64-bit compatible. If you require 32-bit compatibility for OSX, please continue to use AIR 19 to create captive runtime applications. For Windows developers, we hope to have a 64-bit solution out to our beta channel in the near future.
- Video rotation information available to ActionScript
The Flash runtime will now process the track header box and movie header box metadata correctly, allowing for correct positioning and sizing of video.
- Android SDK Upgrade
We’ve updated AIR with the latest Android SDK version (24.3.4). This will allow us to implement the latest features available to Android (in particular, Android TV support currently in our AIR beta).
- SecureSocket support for iOS
SecureSocket support has been available for the desktop and Android platforms, but wasn’t implemented on iOS. With AIR 20, this has been remedied and developers can now take advantage of this feature on all platforms, for both Flash Player and AIR.
- Stage3D instanced drawing
We’re constantly looking for ways to improve the lives of our developers. Our Stage3d API’s have allowed developers to create incredibly beautiful and fluid performing games. This new API will leverage the GPU on mobile devices and provides improved performance when drawing similar objects numerous times in a scene.
- [iOS] Worker in iOS will cease execution after URLLoader or Loader .load function is called (4033753)
- [Win][iOS] While publishing a project having more than or equal to 14 + ANE's, ipa creation failed with error "input line is too long. Compilation failed while executing: ld64.” (4003293)
- [iOS] StageText: add FocusEvent.MOUSE_FOCUS_CHANGE event that allows preventDefault() to cancel focus loss (4057869)
- [Android] [User Issue] App crashes while playing .flv videos on Nexus 7 in GPU render mode, working fine in auto and CPU mode. (4059244)
- [Android] Could not to set alternate Android SDK path using -platformsdk option (3998505)
- [Android] AIR Game Pad is not getting launched on Android M. (4015404)
- Android build tools need to be updated (3846188)
- ADT targeting ane will not work for Java7 (3966813)
- [Window 10] adt is unable to detect ios devices on windows 10 with itunes 12.1 or later showing error iTunes MobileDevice library not found.(4066486)
- [Win][Itunes] : adt is not detecting iTunes 12.3 (4059341)
- [iOS] App crashes on iOS 9 on old devices with signal 11 (SIGSEGV) (4063271)
- [iOS] Keyboard orientation doesn't take into account app orientation (4058764)
- [Win10] StageWebView not working with native browser option set to true. 
- [AIR Desktop][Mac] HTMLPDFCapability is giving error with new Acrobat Reader DC. 
- [Android 6] : Stage3D AIR application fails to return from background (4083403)
- [iOS] Crash if Class used in Main and Background worker is a CustomClass (4068748)
- ASC2.0 compiled app report Type Coercion crashes with MovieClips in SWC. (3592482)
- [WIN10][StageWebView]Some uppercase letters can't be entered in a form input 
AIR 20 runtime for Windows: 22.214.171.124 Runtime Download
AIR 20 runtime for Macintosh: 126.96.36.199 Runtime Download
AIR 20 SDK & Compiler for Windows: 188.8.131.52 SDK & Compiler Download
AIR 20 SDK & Compiler for Macintosh: 184.108.40.206 SDK & Compiler Download
Note: To provide all the all the necessary tools for our developers in one place and avoid having to download multiple components, we are packaging Adobe AIR 20 SDK and ActionScript Compiler 2.0 in a single SDK called “Adobe AIR 20 SDK & Compiler”.
AIR SDK 20 (Compatible with Flex) for Windows: 220.127.116.11 SDK Windows Download
AIR SDK 20 (Compatible with Flex) for Macintosh: 18.104.22.168 SDK Macintosh Download
Previous versions of the AIR runtime and SDK can be found on the Archived AIR SDK and Runtimes page