10 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2015 9:14 AM by HOTELECHOMIKE

HoTo: Burning Two Projects onto one DVD/BluRay (PE13.1)

HOTELECHOMIKE Level 1

Maybe this has been asked before....

Using PE13.1 on a WIN7 PC.

I have one small completed project & a second larger project which is just about complete.  Filmed with a Panasonic HC-V727 HD camcorder.

PAL selected when recording.  Frame size is 1920 * 1080.

I know I can use PE to burn a single project onto a DVD or BluRay (not tried so far!) but how can I best burn two?

I assume the output "format" would be PAL_Widescreen_Dolby DVD?

I do have ImgBurn installed on the system (but again never used).

I have been looking at various YouTube videos about ImgBurn but am really none the wiser.

• 1. Re: HoTo: Burning Two Projects onto one DVD/BluRay (PE13.1)
          A.T. Romano Level 7

HOTELECHOMIKE

VIDEO_TS Folder of the DVD-VIDEO on DVD is the fundamental component of the format. Whether Premiere Elements or not, a DVD disc cannot have more than 1 VIDEO_TS Folder on it.

If you have two projects, export each project to Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p25. And put each of those AVCHD.mp4 into a new project with the appropriate project preset and destination burn to disc.

Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc with preset PAL_Widescreen_Dolby DVD or Publish+Share/Disc/Blu-ray with preset to be discussed.

Remember, that burn to AVCHD or Blu-ray do not support stop markers at playback of the end product. DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc does. (but, in any case, no stop marker at the end of the last file on the Timeline). And, do include disc capacity in your considerations.

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: HoTo: Burning Two Projects onto one DVD/BluRay (PE13.1)
            HOTELECHOMIKE Level 1

OK - so I'll try creating an AVCHD.mp4 for each project & then..

When you write "And put each of those AVCHD.mp4 into a new project with the appropriate project preset" can you expand on "appropriate project preset"?

Actually I have three projects: 10.5 minutes long, 5.5 minutes long and 38.5 minutes long although the latter is shrinking as we review & cut out stuff.

I would hope that this fits onto one DVD; if not I'll put the two short ones onto a single disc & the long one onto a separate one.

• 3. Re: HoTo: Burning Two Projects onto one DVD/BluRay (PE13.1)
              A.T. Romano Level 7

HOTELECHOMIKE

If your project preset for each of the two projects is

PAL

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p25

because your import is described as 1920 x 1080@25 progressive frames per second.....

then, then for each project the export is

Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p25 to get the AVCHD.mp4 file.

Then you start a new project with the project preset

PAL
              DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p25

Use Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets for the import of the 2 AVCHD.mp4 files in the final project....

since you want the end of product of PAL DVD-VIDEO Widescreen on DVD disc

then the export for this final project is

Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc with preset = PAL_Widescreen_Dolby DVD.

As for disc capacity...with your disc in the burner tray, look to the Space Require and Bitrate readings in the burn dialog with a check mark next to "Fit Content To Available Space".

For DVD disc labelled 4.7 GB/120 minutes, that 4.7 GB is in reality 4.38 GB. For DVD disc labelled 8.5 GB/240 minutes, that 8.5 GB is in reality 7.95 GB.

Please consider the 8.5 GB/240 minutes disc if disc capacity becomes an issue.

Miscellaneous....verify project presets with Edit Menu/Project Settings/General readings.

Please consider. If you need supplemental details, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: HoTo: Burning Two Projects onto one DVD/BluRay (PE13.1)
                HOTELECHOMIKE Level 1

I ran Edit Menu/Project Settings/General readings on my "big" project mentioned above (original state, not the releaded MP4 file):

general.jpg

I know the raw video is in PAL format & its 1080p but I dont see mention of "DSLR" anywhere.

• 5. Re: HoTo: Burning Two Projects onto one DVD/BluRay (PE13.1)
                  HOTELECHOMIKE Level 1

One more things, above you wrote:

Then you start a new project with the project preset

PAL
                  DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p25

I'm afraid I don't see a "project preset" in the menus...

• 6. Re: HoTo: Burning Two Projects onto one DVD/BluRay (PE13.1)
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

HOTELECHOMIKE

If your file is 1080p50 (1920 x 1080 @ 50 progressive frames per second), that project setting is good.

PAL

AVCHD

AVCHD 1080p50

There is no project preset for 1080p50 under

PAL

DSLR

1080p

So, you are in the right place with what is shown in your screenshot in post 4.

Please let me know if you are OK with the above information.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: HoTo: Burning Two Projects onto one DVD/BluRay (PE13.1)
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

HOTELECHOMIKE

I think that I missed your latest post...we were writing at the same time I suspect.

For the PAL/DSLR/1080p/DSLR 1080p25

In the screenshot of the project presets (File Menu/New/Project Change Settings)...I have selected it - see blue band.

HEM.JPG

ATR

• 8. Re: HoTo: Burning Two Projects onto one DVD/BluRay (PE13.1)
                        HOTELECHOMIKE Level 1

Made some progress here...

I created AVCHD.mp4 files for each project: 2.5 Gb, 1.3 Gb & 8.2 Gb in size.

I then opened a new project (I did make any project presets - maybe I should have) and imported the three files onto the timeline.

Via Tools => Movie Menu I chose a template & set markers so that each of the 3 videos was a "scene".

Via Publish+Share to DVD I created an ISO file - this was just over 3 Gb in size whih I then burnt to DVD via ImgBurn.

The resulting DVD worked on PC (where it looked a bit rough) and on both TVs we have - the one

witha DVD drive (which could not load my first DVD - other thread) and the BluRay.

Quality on TVs looked OK so at least I can send this off to my aunt in time for Christmas.

Now to think about burning to BluRay for our own usage.

• 9. Re: HoTo: Burning Two Projects onto one DVD/BluRay (PE13.1)
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

HOTELECHOLMIKE

Thanks for the great news of progress. Glad the timing worked out for the sending of the disc to your Aunt for Christmas.

I am wondering if the DVD "a bit rough" was due to expectations after watching Blu-ray version or something else? We could explore that if you want to, but right now you seem on a good course.

Best wishes

ATR

• 10. Re: HoTo: Burning Two Projects onto one DVD/BluRay (PE13.1)
                            HOTELECHOMIKE Level 1

I have not yet tried burning to a BluRay - that will be the next step.