3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2016 3:59 PM by mayaz55671931

Removing the password from permissions security with an action.

judiecooper

I am using Acrobat XI on a PC. I am trying to create and action (batch) so that I can remove the password from the permission security. I have tried it by going to the action wizard, creating an action, transfering encryption to the actions steps, making sure that specify settings is set to none and then transfering save to the actions steps and then saving. This works for the document security i.e. placing a password on a document so that it won't open with out the password. It does not work for the permissions security, which restrict how the document can be used. Does anyone have any idea how I can create an action so that I can remove the permissions security? Thanks!

• 1. Re: Removing the password from permissions security with an action.
          IsakTen Level 4

Before you remove permission you need to provide permission password. Can you do what you want without action wizard, just on a PDF opened in Acrobat? If you can you need to perform exactly the same sequence of actions in the wizard. Are all your files encrypted with the same password? If not you cannot do it in batch. You'll need to provide permissions password for each PDF.

• 2. Re: Removing the password from permissions security with an action.
            judiecooper Level 1

The password is the same on all of the documents. And while I can remove the permissions security on individual documents I can't figure out how to perform the actions in the wizard. To remove the security, I go into the tools menu on the right side, choose Protection then choose Encrypt. In the drop down from Encrypt I choose Remove security. A pop up asks me for the password which I type in and click OK. The next pop up asks me "Are you sure you want to remove security from this document?" And I click OK. And finally save, at which point the permission security is removed from the document. When I try to use the wizard to remove the security, the only one I could get to set up only removes document security (password required to open document) not the permissions security (password required to edit the document). Can you explain to me how to do it? Thanks.