2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2015 6:53 PM by sethd70399629

Adobe Premiere Elements 13 problem

sethd70399629

I created a movie in my Premiere Elements 13. It is one hour and one minute long and has both audio and video with a short credits clip at the end. When I go to the "Publish + Share" tab, I select the option to save to my computer, then select MPEG and save. It takes a while (I didn't record the time, but somewhere between one and three hours) to save the movie. After it says it has saved, I find it in the folder to which it has been saved, but it only has audio when I play it. Windows Media Player is my default video player, but I also tried with iTunes and VLC. The latter two will not even open the programme, and the windows player opens the video, but only plays audio. What am I doing wrong?

Untitled.JPGUntitled2.JPG

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 problem
          A.T. Romano Level 7

sethd

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 on? Have you updated 13 to 13.1 Update using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements 13/13.1? And, are you running the programs as administrator? What version of VLC player? What do you mean by VLC will not open the program? Do you mean video? Does it give a why not explanation?

You  say that your export is Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG. What are you settings for Presets? And, are you using the default settings or customizing the preset under its Advanced Button/Video Tab?

Do you have any success with the export as Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = MP4 setting comparable with the project settings? And, playback on QuickTime.

Please consider, and give more details. Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 problem
            sethd70399629 Level 1

I have Windows 10 as my operating system. Premiere Elements asks me to update it every time I open the programme, even though I updated and it said it installed the first time it asked me to update. Maybe I need to restart my computer to see the new programme? I do have the latest Quick Time. I am the only user on the computer, so I'm assuming that makes me administrator for everything? I do not know what version my VLC player is, but it works fine with any other video. When trying to open this movie, the Windows Player is the only programme that even opens; the movie might be messed up, but it still opens the programme and plays something. The VLC and iTunes won't even open if I try to play this movie with them.

As far as the settings under the Publish + Share, I didn't mess with any of them. I looked at them, and it says it's saving both the video and the audio. But I didn't click on anything, change anything, or even save changes to the advanced or general saving settings. I just clicked what I said I did in my original post.

I will attempt the AVCHD and let you know if that does anything better.

Thanks!