4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2009 12:33 PM by whiterrabbit

Deleted Project By Mistake

whiterrabbit Level 1
      I accidently deleted all my projects thinking I was removing just one. Can I recover this? I did check remove from disc!
        • 1. Re: Deleted Project By Mistake
          istrasci Level 1
          Probably, but I don't know how to do "deleted file recovery" magic... That's more of an OS-dependent question... Try searching the internet for "deleted file recovery" for your OS... I'm pretty sure Flex Buildler / Eclipse can't do anything for you in that area...
          • 2. Deleted Project By Mistake
            whiterrabbit Level 1
            Thanks,
            I am scanning the computer now with a software I downloaded, hopefully I will find the files.

-----------------
            Did not work, so I just lost 4 projects and probably my job. All I did was to control click on a project and hit delete, why the hell did Flex delete every project I had? That option should not even be possible!!!!
            • 3. Re: Deleted Project By Mistake
              injpix Level 3
              Sorry to hear that. I can't seem to find a way to recover projects deleted directly from Eclipse.

Anyways, you should be using some kind of version control. I use TortoiseSVN (SVN client) for SVN repositories. Unfuddle.com has free hosting for small projects, which is good to get familiar with SVN commands.

Good luck.
              • 4. Re: Deleted Project By Mistake
                whiterrabbit Level 1
                I'l look into that, thanks. Had I archived the projects daily it would have been enough, what I face now is not good.

2 steps
                click to select and then control click is contrary to the way every os and software I have ever used works. Somebody ought to change this, it's an annoyance at the least.