0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2009 1:40 AM by pgianf

AIR / HTML Bridging

pgianf
      Hi,

I'm trying to handle an HTML page loaded using the mx.controls.HTML, when trying to access the div element inside the page, using the domWindow object, I've realized that i dont have getElementById function so i insert the following javascript function

function setText(id, text) {
      var target = document.getElementById(id);
      if (target != null) target.innerHTML = text;
      }

and I call it from AIR in this way
      browser.domWindow.setText("description", text);

the text is assigneg form a RTE control after a cleaning operation of the produced tags and styles

text = cleanHTML( rte.textArea.htmlText) ; the result of cleaning doesnt introduce any strange char just put
      the html font tags in a compliant form.

it works but I have problem with chars like à è ì ò ù space, thart are shows in the html page as %E0, %E8, %20, ......
      I've tried to understand why, the html page has this meta:
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html" charset="ISO-8859-1" />
      the page code of the HTML editor is using the same charset.

If I put an alert(text) in the javascritp function i can see that the problem is already present and when tracing text variable in the AIR app just before calling the javascript the result is a clean string, so it's something in the middle.
      Is there other ways to set a text in an HTML page from Air, is there a list of available javascript functions.

A part of this problem the bridge between the twos works well, AIR lets you to have a lot of control over the browser.
      It it would be possible to have a better Flex Rich Text Editor control would be really nice

Thanks in advance
      Paolo