3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2015 12:00 PM by A.T. Romano

"Auto align" audio tracks?

Bill NM Aerial Photos Level 1

Hi folks,

I have two files:

1)  a video recording from a Panasonic G7, split up into about a dozen separate files (separate musical pieces from a concert), and

2)  a separate audio file, which ran continuously, from a Zoom H1.

While the audio from the G7 is OK, the audio from the Zoom H1, which was right up near the performers, is much better.  I see that Premiere Pro can syn up audio tracks automatically a couple different ways ("synchronize", "merge"): Adobe Premiere Pro CC Tutorial | Audio Auto-Align - YouTube

Is there any way to do the same thing with Premiere Elements?  If not, is there a way to do it simply/cheaply (I have about a dozen alignments to do)?  I also use Audacity for audio, but no luck there.  I have also seen a $200 program called "Plural Eyes", here: Red Giant | Features

I am just a parent struggling to put together a decent video of a musical performance, so I only need the tool for a couple projects, and not-for-profit, so it'd be great to find something much cheaper than Plural Eyes, or Premiere Pro.

I would have let the camera and the Zoom H1 just run the entire time, meaning I'd then have just ONE alignment to do, but the G7 gets warms, doesn't have enough battery power, plus it has the 29'59" recording limit, so just letting it run the whole time was not an option.

Thanks...

--

Bill

• 1. Re: "Auto align" audio tracks?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Bill NM Aerial Photos

Premiere Elements does not have the Adobe Premiere Pro CC Tutorial | Audio Auto-Align - YouTube

It is feasible for you to unlink any video audio not linked and nudge the audio into place?

As you hold down the Alt key of the Windows computer main keyboard, hit an arrow key once for a 1 frame nudge (1 tap = 1 frame).

As you hold down the Shift+Alt key of the Windows computer main keyboard, hit an arrow key once for a 5 frames nudge (1 tap = 5 frames).

Please consider, and give more details.

Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...have you contacted Adobe about Premiere Pro purchased on subscription basis, monthly?

• 2. Re: "Auto align" audio tracks?
            Bill NM Aerial Photos Level 1

ATR,

Thanks for that.

I could, painstakingly, try to find each of the dozen or so portions of the audio, to match up with the dozen or so videos, and then yes, perhaps nudge them into place.  I was just hoping for an easier way.

In the past I have subscribed to Premiere Pro for 1 month to do some work, so that is a possibility as well.

I think in the future, I will use some sort of wireless audio system, running the audio from a remote microphone, right into the G7...of course that ain't cheap either, but it will save time in post.

Thanks...

--

Bill

• 3. Re: "Auto align" audio tracks?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Bill NM Aerial Photos

Thanks for the follow up. Appreciated.

If you have done this type of work in the past with Premiere Pro and you know the feature will work for you great.

I do not use Premiere Pro, so I am unsure of its offerings. But, if there is a tryout, maybe look at the audio sync with that first before the subscription commitment.

Video editing software | Download free Adobe Premiere Pro CC trial

Please let us know the outcome if your time permits.

Best wishes on whatever your decision is on the video editing tools for your project.

ATR