6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2015 5:47 AM by A.T. Romano

AMV Videos

david.hirschi

Hi,

How can I create AMV Videos with Premiere Elements?

David

• 1. Re: AMV Videos
          A.T. Romano Level 7

david.hirschi

What version of Premiere Elements? What computer operating system?

Nonetheless, Premiere Elements (any version) does not offer a AMV video export.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMV_video_format

If the above is what you are referring to...it looks like you have MotionJPEG video compression in a amv file extension (wrapper). And, amv is supposed to be a variant of avi.

Is you export choice exclusively AMV?

Please consider and supply more information. I will investigate this further tomorrow.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: AMV Videos
            david.hirschi Level 1

Hi

I use Version 14. I don’t know exactly what I need. I have a small video player which can only handle *.amv files.

Do you have any idea how to manage this?

Best,

David

• 3. Re: AMV Videos
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Is this player a mechanical player, like a disc player, or is it software? If it's an actual mechanical player, what model is it?

I see lots of software AMV players but not hardware that plays exclusively AMV files.

If it's a piece of hardware, knowing the model number will help us research this answer. If it's a software player, why use it rather than any of the free, multipurpose video players like VLC Media Player or Quicktime Player?

• 4. Re: AMV Videos
                A.T. Romano Level 7

David

Best we first define the issue circumstance and goal. And, then decide what is indicated in the way of files and player.

Do you have any AMV files that you cannot import into Premiere Elements (any version) at the present time, let alone export them?

Or, is the focus that you have a player that plays AMV files and you want to create files for it because you do not have any AMV files?

Do you have any particular reason for wanting an exclusively a AMV player and files. Or, in the end, would a .mp4 or .avi file do just a well to present your video work for viewing on a Windows Media Player, QuickTime Player, or VLC player?

Your question does not appear to be a player issue, but rather pointing to the need to create AMV files. Until proven otherwise, I do not see anywhere that Premiere Elements (any version) will do that.

This is an older reference, but the principles may be of use in converting a non AMV file to a AMV file

Convert to AMV format

But, none of that has anything to do with Premiere Elements.

Please consider. And, then we can decide what is indicated.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: AMV Videos
                  david.hirschi Level 1

Hi

I thank you for the suggestions. I'm going to try a converter or the test verison of Premiere Pro. If it doesn't work I let it be. It's not that important.

Best,

David

• 6. Re: AMV Videos
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

David

Thanks for the follow up.

Please update us on your progress with the AMV files as your time permits.

Best wishes

ATR