4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2015 12:07 PM by A.T. Romano

How to fix overexposed video

chrise87546491

How can I fix overexposed video in premier elements 12........... tnanks

• 1. Re: How to fix overexposed video
          A.T. Romano Level 7

chrise

What computer operating system for your Premiere Elements  12? Have you updated 12 to 12.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

To your immediate issue...

In your Expert workspace, have you explored the options under the Adjust Tab/Adjustments Palette/ as well as under effects under fx Effects Tab/?

I will be back at my home computer tomorrow afternoon if you have problems locating possible tools for your image correction. Or, to make other suggestions and go into greater details if you found all and you still have problem of overexposed video.

To be continued...looking forward to your progress to date.

ATR

• 2. Re: How to fix overexposed video
            chrise87546491 Level 1

Using Windows 7 but have not upgraded to version 12.1.

I have tried the adjustment tab and effects tab. But they were not effective. Maybe there is another program that is more effective reducing over exposure. In Lightroom you can reduce photo overexposure very defectively. Is there such a program on the video side?

Thanks all..!! 

• 3. Re: How to fix overexposed video
              joem57192410 Level 1

An effective way to do this is to use blend modes. I've achieved really good results using this technique.

What you do is place the video on two or more tracks. Then you use blend modes to enhance the overexposed video.

I found this Linda.com video on you-tube that explains the process in great detail. It saves me a lot of typing as well. It's being used with Premier Pro but the workflow is essentially the same.

https://youtu.be/7IEdehRjX9A

Regards, Joe

• 4. Re: How to fix overexposed video
                A.T. Romano Level 7

chrise

Thanks for the reply. Just arrived at my home computer and viewed the posts in your threads.

I too have seen mention of blend modes and overexposed media. But, since you have a Premiere Elements question in the Premiere Elements Forum, I would prefer to use a Premiere Elements, rather than a Premiere Pro, reference when there is Premiere Elements information available on the subject.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Where Are The Blend Modes?

Although in some cases principles remain the same, feature locations often do not. It get confusing armed with principles when you do not know where the features are.

Do you have Premiere Pro, Lightroom, or Photoshop CS6 or higher? If so, which version...

I have seen tutorial for Photoshop CS6 using Levels and Vibrance for the overexposed video

But, in your exploration of Premiere Elements for correcting your overexposed file, have you tried combination of effects rather than just a single one?

With regard to Lightroom, it does appear to offer opportunities for video editing...see the following

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/getting-started-with-adobe-photoshop-lightroom-4/working-with-ds lr-video-/

In the panel to the right, there appears to be options for exposure and other. SInce your mention of Lightroom seems to suggest that you have and might be working with Lightroom, have you tried to use Lightroom for this video editing purpose.

Let us start here and then we can discuss this further. We will be watching for further developments.

Thanks.

ATR