5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2015 7:17 AM by JimHess

Sizing images

pmeshanic

I am trying to size my photo images at 5.73 wide and get that setting to stay. When I enter that size and try to save the image the image disappears.  This is a recent problem.  Does anyone know how to size my image at that size and get it to stay at that setting? 

• 1. Re: Sizing images
          Mrinmay Majhi Adobe Employee

Hi pmeshanic,

Please click on the below link to resize the images.

How to export photos from Photoshop Lightroom

Please mention the dimension in File sizing option.

Refer : Lightroom 5 - Exporting Images | Adobe Evangelists - Julieanne Kost | Adobe TV

Hope this helps.

~Mrinmay

• 2. Re: Sizing images
            JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

To resize an image using Lightroom it is necessary to export a copy of the image and specify the size in the export dialog. Lightroom editing is nondestructive, and consequently that means among other things that you cannot change the size of the image using Lightroom.

• 3. Re: Sizing images
              pmeshanic Level 1

Thanks! 

I used this and set it to Open in Adobe Photoshop, unfortunately there were no dimensions there for the photo when it opened.   I need the photo to go into Photoshop and be sized at 5.73 wide and be available to enter File info as well for publication.  Any other ideas? 

thanks for your help! 

• 4. Re: Sizing images
                Per Berntsen Adobe Community Professional

In the LR Export dialog you have to check Resize to fit under Image sizing and enter 5.73 (inches?) under Long edge (assuming it's the long edge).

You also need to enter a value in the Resolution field, for printing this is usually 300.

In Photoshop, go to Image > Image size to see the the printed dimensions of the image.

• 5. Re: Sizing images
                  JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

pmeshanic wrote:

Thanks!

I used this and set it to Open in Adobe Photoshop, unfortunately there were no dimensions there for the photo when it opened.   I need the photo to go into Photoshop and be sized at 5.73 wide and be available to enter File info as well for publication.  Any other ideas?

thanks for your help!

You cannot specify the size of the image that is sent to Photoshop. That process is not the export process. The only thing you can do in Lightroom that will affect the size the image going into Photoshop is to crop the image. And the crop is simply a ratio, it is not a specific size in pixels. I think what you will have to do is send the image to Photoshop in the appropriate ratio. Then you can enter all of your publication information. The image that is returned to Lightroom will be a PSD or TIF image. Then you can export the images in the export dialogue and specify the exact size that you want the exported image to be. And it will be that exported image that you would submit for publication.