11 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2016 4:11 PM by dasman6699

LR 6.3 won't import if there is a video file

suppersppy Level 1

I am running Lightroom 6.3 standalone on OSX 10.10.5

I thought I was having a few different issues but as I was writing this post I went through a fairly meticulous attempt to duplicate the issue and I narrowed it down to a problem with video files. If I have a video file in the same folder, or a subfolder of the same folder, as a file I'm trying to import then it's impossible to import the file. The progress bar will hang and nothing will happen till I cancel the import. Once that has happened quitting lightroom will result in a hang that requires a force quite. As soon as I move the video files so that they aren't in the same folder, or a subfolder of the same folder, then importing will work just fine and exiting the program happens without a hang. I also noticed it exhibits the same behavior even if the video file isn't in the same folder, or a subfolder, but is on the same card and you are attempting to import from the devices section of the import dialog. Try to import by clicking on the memory card under devices and even though the video file isn't in the same folder, or a subfolder, the import will fail. Instead if I move to the files section and choose the folder that contains the image files, but no video files, then the import will work fine. Directly importing a .mp4 file also failed.