• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hello, when I try to download e-books from my library, I get the following message: Adobe Reader would not open URLLink (69).acsm because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged, (for example, it was sent as an email a

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, can someone please help with with the above request.  Many thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message is quite right, I think. Adobe Reader doesn't know what to do with ACSM files. Check the web site to see what app you actually need. I've a feeling it might be Adobe Digital Editions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank you for your reply.  I have already downloaded Adobe Digital Editions and this is the message I am getting (as per above)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start Digital Edition.

Go to File > Add to Library.

Choose the ACSM File.

The File should open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again.  I understand that I'm supposed to click on "correct" somewhere, but I can't see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which can not see it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If you are using a windows computer you have to "associate" acsm  files with ADE.  For some reason it is now associated with Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.  I am not terribly "computer savvy".  I'm not incompetent, but some things are beyond me.  I think we are talking at cross purposes.  I don't think I made myself quite clear.  The library I refer to is not my Adobe Digital Editions library.  It is my local community library from whom I would like to download books.  Whatever I do, whenever I try, I get my original message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The file was try to open in adobe Reader. This is a point in the settings of you os. So download the eBook only (over save not over open) on your desktop. Then start digital Edition. Go to file > add to library and choose the file which you have download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can ACSM files only open with Digital Edition.
Install Digital Edition. Herunterladen | Adobe Digital Editions

Start the Software.

Authorize the Software under Help > Computer authorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank you for your reply.  I have already installed Digital Editions and it does not make any difference.  I've uninstalled it and re-installed it several times, but to no avail. Although I hate to admit defeat, I think on this issue I will just have to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you at some point chose Adobe Reader to open your ACSM files. You must open them in Digital Editions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.  I thought I had opened them in Adobe Editions.  I will have to try again.  It is very frustrating, but I'm not one to give up if I can help it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.  I thought I had opened them in Adobe Editions.  I will have to try again.  It is very frustrating, but I'm not one to give up if I can help it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines