4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2015 12:53 PM by DonRoberto

Lightroom doesn't start after upgrade to Windows 10, Version 1511, 10586

DonRoberto

Hi all,

after upgrade to Windows 10, Version 1511, 10586 lightroom CC cannot be started anymore. Neither from Adobe Cloud nor from any desktop link nor from file system program files path directly. lightroom.exe can be seen for a second in taskmanager and then disappears to nirvana. No response, no trace.

What to do?

the standard things like uninstall - re-install, shutdown in between, log off from cloud - log in to cloud, check registry have all been done in several variations without any success!

Kind Regards

Robert

• 1. Re: Lightroom doesn't start after upgrade to Windows 10, Version 1511, 10586
          rpandita Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi DonRoberto,

Greetings.

Considering what you have done already, would suggest you to create a new user account with admin rights and then load Lightroom in there, see if it works or not.

Regards

Rohit

• 2. Re: Lightroom doesn't start after upgrade to Windows 10, Version 1511, 10586
            DonRoberto Level 1

Hi Rohit,

Forgot to mention that the computer was running with W10 Home already before without any problems, it was just the upgrade within W10 to the latest build which has been installed yesterday.

I performed what you proposed

- create a new admin user (previous user was also an admin)

- login as new admin user

- call lightroom from program menu: License Agreement for Adobe Cloud products appears - click on accept - gone (problem with adobe id/licensing?)

- launch creative cloud app and log in with adobe id belonging to the computer (popup: software is being licensed), open lightroom -> License Agreement for Adobe Cloud products appears - click on accept - gone

- call lightroom.exe directly in program files - no license popup, no response at all

In task manager (system explorer) I see for a half a second:

- lightroom.exe

- adobe_licutil.exe *32

- conhost.exe

in green

and then

- lightroom.exe

- WerFault.exe

in red

Tasks after LR Call from CC 01.JPGTasks after LR Call from CC 02.JPG

Then it all disappears, I see no return code or anything else.

Is there anything wrong or different in the licensing? I could imagine that with the upgrade something with the c++ libraries or access rights might have changed. Is there any log or protocol to check or does a test switch exist in LR to create one for analysis? Or are there any experiences with this Windows patch?

As I got the error "msvcp110.dll is missing" when I tried to launch PSE14, I re-installed vcredist_x64.exe which helped for PSE but not for LR

Checking the event trace I find tons of errors for msvcr120.dll in the Lightroom program path:

Name of erroneous application: lightroom.exe, Version: 6.3.0.10, time stamp: 0x564260ef

Name of erroneous module: MSVCR120.dll, Version: 12.0.21005.1, time stamp: 0x524f83ff

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Error offset: 0x0000000000074a30

ID des erroneous Process: 0x1f40

Start time of erroneous application: 0x01d1366d57287513

Path of erroneous application: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\lightroom.exe

Path of erroneous module: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\MSVCR120.dll

Berichtskennung: e198ba29-d029-419b-8ef9-7f759cef4139

Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:

Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

Sorry it was in German, so I translated some things I thought are important, I guess it will tell you enough.

Could there be any incompatibilities?

Only idea that I have left is to reset the upgrade which I would like to avoid because in W10 Home you cannot switch of the automatic update of Windows and in one or two days the situation would be the same.

Kind regards

Robert

• 3. Re: Lightroom doesn't start after upgrade to Windows 10, Version 1511, 10586
              hipolitorodrigues Level 1

Same here. I did all things but Lightroom didn't start, untill..:

It works on my Lightroom CC / WIN 10:

01- Remove softwares:

. AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe / clear all

02- Delete folders "Adobe":

. C:\Program Files\Adobe

. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe

. C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe (need to rename and restart PC)

. C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

. C:\ProgramData\Adobe (hidden folder)

. C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Adobe

. C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Adobe

03- (If you didn't restart PC until here, do it now). Install Creative Cloud.

04- Install old version LIGHTROOM through Creative Cloud..

05- Restart PC.

06- Try to open LIGHTROOM from the icon itself.

. Here, probably, LIGHTROOM will not open and will ask for "MSVCP110.dll".

It is the Microsoft Visual C + + 2012 that, I'm sure, It's already installed on your PC, but, some how without this dll. Microsoft website download / Microsoft Visual C + + 2012:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

07- Try to open LIGHTROOM from the icon itself again after reinstall Microsoft Visual C + + 2012:

. Here, it will ask for Adobe ID.

08- After Adobe ID, the LIGHTROOM will open(I hope) only the previous version.

Close it and try to open through Creative Cloud. The program The program should open smoothly.

09- Now you can update your LIGHTROOM through Creative Cloud.

Some things seem different. But it works and after 6 days unable to work, It is all that matters.

I hope it helps.

• 4. Re: Lightroom doesn't start after upgrade to Windows 10, Version 1511, 10586
                DonRoberto Level 1

Thanks hipolitorodrigues,

your answer showed me the way. I found an easier solution in a parallel thread, whose answer brought LR back to life.

Cu, Robert

8.  Re: Lightroom CC doesn't start

Tanuj Sandal    EmployeeAdmins

Please go to the Control Panel, and then Programs and Features.

And please select Microsoft Visual C++ 2012, 2013 and repair it.

Restart the computer, and then let me know if the application works.