5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2015 12:04 PM by Larry Cooney

import an image

scotti12104923

I'm sorry for this question but i am so lost, how do i import an image into adobe draw? my files in CC are greyed out, one is png the other jpeg and lastly .ai i thought that one of these field types would work. please help! my goal is to import a rough sketch into adobe draw from my desktop and fine tune it in adobe draw. thank you!

• 1. Re: import an image
          Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Scott,

My apologies for taking so long to respond; I was out yesterday.

That should be working (not a .png, but a .jpg). A quick question: Are you trying to do it this way?

* Tap on the Layers (two squares) icon in the toolbar.

* From the pop-up menu selection tap on Photo Layer and select CC MyFiles

Let me know.

Sue.

• 2. Re: import an image
            Larry Cooney Level 1

Hello Scott,

I have a feeling this is one of those things that there are several ways to go about doing it.

What worked for me was I pasted the entire image I wanted to use as reference in a layer in Photoshop CC (desktop version) and made sure it was currently the  chosen active layer. I opened the Libraries Panel and clicked on the 2nd Icon from the left on the bottom of the Libraries Panel that is called "Add Graphic" . Screenshot here of the exact icon I am referencing.

add_graphic_libraries_panel.png

That instantly added it to my CC Library and it was available as an option to open in the mobile apps within seconds.

In Adobe Draw, I went to the Photo Layer, clicked the little arrow pointing to the right, Chose "My Files," and this is the step that took a second to figure out, I then chose "Library Assets," and my image from Photoshop CC that I added using the method above was there for placing within Adobe Draw.

Hope that helps! Like I said there are multiple ways to end up at the same end result, this was the one that worked for me. You very well may find others! If you do please share!

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: import an image
              scotti12104923 Level 1

Perfect and so simple!! thank you so much!

Sent from my iPad

• 4. Re: import an image
                scotti12104923 Level 1

So simple and exactly what I needed!!! Thank you so much I really really appreciate your help!

Sent from my iPad

• 5. Re: import an image
                  Larry Cooney Level 1

No problem at all! Glad I could help.