• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robo's appending file names

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2009 Feb 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Files that were imported from Frame as 123.htm are changed to 123-1.htm after I regenerate the project, which makes it impossible to "force update" any updated FM information. If I change the files back to 123.htm (via topic properties) in order to successfully force a FM update, I lose all my indexing for that file. Has anyone else had this problem? What am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 12, 2009 Feb 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check if you have changed the Topic name pattern settings. You might have appended -<n> block to the topic name pattern which does not seem to be required in your case.
Please revert the topic name pattern back to the original setting. If you do not have the previous setting, you can try setting it to (Default).
The setting can be accessed as follows
1. For RH7: Right click the linked FM document, view Properties and goto Styles Settings tab.
2. For RH8: Goto FrameMaker Conversion Settings from Project settings dialog(File->Project Settings) and view "Other Settings"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2009 Feb 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the -<n> setting. I changed it to the -<$paratext> settings and, so far, the files seem to be generating normally, with no file name changes.

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2009 Feb 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way I can create a customized Topic Name Pattern? All I want is <$framefilename_no_ext>, but I can't save that option on the Style Settings tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 17, 2009 Feb 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I understand the following from your statement "All I want is <$framefilename_no_ext>, but I can't save that option on the Style Settings tab"
You need the topics to be generated with the filename without extension. But at the same time, you don't want to change the Topic Name Pattern Settings.
If I understand your requirement correctly, you can achieve this in RoboHelp8 / TCS2.0. This can be done through Topic Name Marker functionality. This functionality allows the user to split the source document at any location where a FM marker is inserted and the topic name is mentioned as marker text. RoboHelp picks up the marker text to generate the topic name. Please let me know if you need further elaboration on this or you can refer RH8 help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp