13 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2016 2:33 AM by stefaniag7448040

Premiere Elements 14.1 Update

A.T. Romano Level 7

Apparently a 14.1 Update has been released by Adobe for Premiere Elements 14 and Photoshop Elements 14. Found them today

Capture.JPG

More news to follow with more definition on "bug fixes and performance improvements". The same description in the Updates dialog is given to Photoshop Elements 14.1 and Premiere Elements 14.1.

Please let us know if you have downloaded and installed this 14.1 update and what fixes and improvements that you have observed.

Thank you.

ATR

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 14.1 Update
          markb77811244

I just updated my PSE14 to 14.1  and the program crashes intermittently.

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 14.1 Update
            A.T. Romano Level 7

markb

Thanks for that feedback. I just downloaded the Premiere Elements 14.1 Update on both Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit. I did not get any crashes, but I have not spot any fixes and performance improvements yet. I have not explored my Photoshop Elements 14.1 yet.

I have not found any Adobe documentation/explanation for the 14.1 Update. Still looking. I have seen lock up report for Photoshop Elements 14.1. 2015-12-14 update to my Photoshop Elements 14 locks up

Until further information, it may be advisable to wait for more information before download and install of this update 14.1, especially if you have a 14 working project ready for delivery.

ATR

Add On...what are you doing in the Photoshop Elements 14.1 Editor workflow when the crash occurs? If your problem is just with Photoshop Elements 14.1, it would be to your advantage to post your observations in the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum to take advantage of the specialized expertise there.

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 14.1 Update
              peterd70922493 Level 1

using Custom Motion Titles is still not working in Windows 10 Pro, 64 Bit.

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 14.1 Update
                A.T. Romano Level 7

peterd

Thanks for that Motion Titles information. Even before this 14.1 Update, Motion Titles was on my to do list for deeper look into that on Premiere Elements 14 Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit issue. The Adobe claim seems to be that this type of issue was a WIndows 10 64 bit only issue. That has seen been challenged by a Premiere Elements 14 Windows 7 64 bit user who is also having problems in this area.

More later.

ATR

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 14.1 Update
                  peterd70922493 Level 1

Sure thing -

I am sure hoping in time this will be fixed. Real pain to re-create a custom motion title every time. I cannot even delete the ones that I saved as a new title. So, now I have about 6 custom motion titles that do not work and I cannot delete.

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 14.1 Update
                    peterd70922493 Level 1

Well this is weird -

I did find where the Custom Motion Titles are stored and deleted them all. I then went into a project and saved a Custom Motion title and it was available in that project. But, when I went into another project it wasn't available. In this other project I opened I created and another Custom Motion Title, now both titles are available to me.

Food for thought, I suppose.

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 14.1 Update
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

peterd

Thanks for the follow up. I ran across a similar happening in some preliminary Motion Titles studies. In those cases, the Motion Titles would eventually appear with additional work in the project(s).

ATR

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements 14.1 Update
                        saurabh___arora Level 1

There are 2 things related to Custom Motion Titles:

1.) If project is standard and you save a custom motion title,then, that title would be listed only for SD projects. If next time you created a HD project, then, custom title you created for SD project would not be visible. SD projects have different custom titles and HD will have different.

2.) I guess you just found a workaround if custom motion title is not visible after creating. Workaround would be to create another custom title and then all custom titles that have been created will be visible.

What specific issue you are getting in Win 7 ?

-Saurabh

• 9. Re: Premiere Elements 14.1 Update
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

-Saurabh

Thank you for your comments on Premiere Elements 14 Motion Titles which I have begun looking at in depth. Your information is very helpful.

But, might I ask, are you part of Adobe's Premiere Elements Help Team? If so, could you please let us know if there is or soon will be an Adobe document with details on Premiere Elements 14.1 Update content?

Thank you.

ATR

• 10. Re: Premiere Elements 14.1 Update
                            Aurobi Adobe Employee

Hi ATR,

today there is a blog post which lists the changes that went into the Adobe Premiere Elements update @ Adobe Premiere Elements 14.1 update | Adobe Content Corner

Thanks

Aurobinda

• 11. Re: Premiere Elements 14.1 Update
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Aurobinda

Many thanks for the Adobe document giving details of the Premiere Elements 14.1 Update.

Your contribution gives a major advantage to the Premiere Elements 14/14.1 user and others who are looking

for troubleshooting answers for 14/14.1.

Best wishes to you and the Adobe Premiere Elements Help Team.

ATR

• 12. Re: Premiere Elements 14.1 Update
                                genealogygem

Upgraded to PSE 14.1.  All three categories of my effects tools were not active.  Spent 1.5 hours with chat rep yesterday.  He uninstalled then reinstalled 14, then did the update. Effects, Filters, and Styles were then visible.  He hung up. I went on with my work and tried to use the Bevels, then any of the effects.  None work!! So Frustrating.  Any solutions?

• 13. Re: Premiere Elements 14.1 Update
                                  stefaniag7448040

Is there a fix or the issue with custom titles not showing the correct thumbnail or being available to add to new projects besides when you initially create them? It's seriously frustrating when I have to spend an extra 1 hour+ opening and closing and creating a random new title then waiting for the custom titles tab to load them. It's seriously affecting business and having to re create the exact same motion titles every new project is just not ideal or acceptable. I ave windows 8 too and from what I have read this has only supposed to have been an issue with windows 10 :/